This technical assistance advances the following Sustainable Development Goals:
This Technology Transfer Advances Namibia's
- Nationally Determined Contribution and its long-term and near-term adaptation vision of implementing soil and water conservation policies and practices.
- Review national policies, projects and programmes
- Provide complete inventory of climate change adaptation projects for the water sector and international water plans, together with an analysis of lessons learned from these
- Develop list of most promising technologies for Namibian water provision, efficiency and storage
- Recommend technology prioritization based upon previous analysis and stakeholder consultations
- Identify opportunities for financial investment and/or technical assistance to deploy and scale up the highest ranked technology solutions.
- Develop project concepts notes (with stakeholders) for the prioritized water scarcity technologies for presentation to funders.
- Organize investor roundtable to present the prioritized technologies and associated projects
Relevant Technologies and Approaches
- Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM)
- Rainwater harvesting (e.g. for storage and ex-situ)
- Water reuse
- Water pumping
- Report on complete policy context for Namibian water sector adaptation technologies
- Inventory of climate change adaptation projects for water sector, international water plans, and analysis of lessons learned
- Prioritized water sector climate technologies tailored to Namibia’s specific context
- Improved management of water scarcity through the use and deployment of appropriate technologies
- Creation of significant economic, social and environmental benefits, such as increase agricultural productivity, increased income from agriculture, improvements in health and reduction of water related diseases