The partnership aims to raise awareness of available readiness and capacity-building support for adaptation and to increase the accessibility of information on the available support. Article 7 of the Paris Agreement recognizes “the importance of support for, and international cooperation on adaptation efforts” and stipulates that “continued and enhanced international support shall be provided to developing country Parties”, in accordance, inter alia, with the provisions of Article 11 on capacity-building. This bulletin provides information and content about the readiness and capacity-building support for climate change adaptation that is available to be accessed by developing countries and that is provided by organizations under and outside the UN Convention and Paris Agreement. In addition to the information provided through the bulletin, the AF/CTCN/PCCB partnership seeks to promote collaboration, partnerships, and complementarity in the delivery of readiness and capacity-building support to strengthen the quality of technical assistance and other forms of support delivered to developing countries to support climate change resilience-building on the ground.
More information here
- Adaptation Fund. Read more here.
- Asia Pacific Adaptation Network (APAN). Read more here.
- Climate Technology Centre and Network. Read more here.
- Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat. Read more here.
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Paris Committee on Capacity-building (PCCB). Read more here.
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). Read more here.
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). Read more here.