Kenya is in a very interesting development phase, with its ambitions outlined in the vision 2030. Energy is one of the key enablers of the Vision 2030 and energy security remains a matter of national priority. The Kenya Vision 2030 envisions a middle-income economy offering decent jobs and high quality of life to its citizenry. This portends increased energy demand and consumption due to rapidly expanding, wholly energy driven manufacturing, agriculture, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and transport sectors.
This challenge requires very careful implementation of energy sector reforms that not only focus on increased energy generation but also on energy efficiency.
- To develop a harmonized framework of regulations leading to continual adoption and reporting thereof on implementation of energy efficient technologies and practices in industrial sectors of the economy
- To suggest institutional set up under the regulatory framework to monitor and report on the activities towards the compliance of the regulations under the proposed framework
- A framework of insustrial energy efficiency regulations
- Training curriculum and training moduless for energy auditors and managers
- Training of traininers in selected institutions
- Stardard templates for energy auditing