Affordable and clean energy
Responsible consumption and production
This Technology Transfer Advances Lebanon's
- Nationally Determined Contribution and the conditional target of a GHG emission reduction of 30% compared to the BAU scenario in 2030.
In Lebanon, a strong system for energy-efficiency evaluation and standards does not currently exist. The country therefore seeks assistance for the development of an appliance and electrical equipment enregy-efficiency strategy to decrease national energy consumption.
• Development of a strategy for standards and labels
• Development of a strategy to implement and enforce minimum energy performance standards (MEPS) for four priority appliances
• Assist in developing a financing mechanism/incentive for the deployment of energy efficient equipment
• Propose an awareness plan to reach the end-user properly and effectively
• Assist the Lebanese Center for Energy Conservation in applying for international funds in order to implement the strategies
The strategy will help to integrate standards and labels in the Lebanese appliances market and increase the level of energy efficiency of the used/bought appliances.