This Technology Transfer Advances Iran's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to achieve emission reduction through measures such as combined cycle power plants and renewable energies.
Iran has made significant progress towards creating a regulatory environment to support energy from Combined Heat and Power (CHP) technologies, including Micro Combined Heat and Power (MCHP) at the household level, as a means of reducing energy consumption and replacing conventional energy supply infrastructures. However, Iran lacks a sufficient number of domestic manufacturers of CHP technologies that have the level of reliability and customer service demanded by consumers needed in order to make further progress in the adoption of CHP nationwide.
Technical Assistance Request
Develop a strategy to create an investor-friendly environment for purchasing both CHP and MCHP technologies for technology transfer
- Identify suppliers with proven CHP and MCHP technologies
- Facilitate communications with technology providers
- Develop a strategy for undertaking CHP capacity building on a national scale
Relevant Technologies and Approaches
- Identification of technology transfer opportunities will inform and guide the work of the government in the energy sector
- The transfer of appropriate technologies will contribute to a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions through enhanced energy efficiency
- These actions will contribute to more sustainable and low-carbon development of Iran