Manual on Participatory Planning, Technology and Knowledge Transfer of Eco-Village Development (EVD) in India, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. Published by the Eco-Village Development Project Partners: INFORSE, INFORSE-South Asia, INSEDA in India, CRT/N in Nepal, IDEA in Sri Lanka, Grameen Shakti in Bangladesh, CAN-South Asia and DIB (project coordinator) in Denmark.
132 pages. 2018 December. Available: English, Hindi, Nepali, Bangla, and Sinhala.
English ISBN: 978-87-970130-3-8 (PRINT), 978-87-970130-4-5 (PDF). 137 pp.
Published in the framework of an NGO cooperation Project titled “Advocating for upscaling for local climate solutions as Eco-Village Development as a mean to strengthen pro-poor climate agenda in South Asia” supported by Climate and Environment Fund of CISU - Civil Society in Development, Denmark, in 2016-18.
- 1. Introduction to Manual on Training of Trainers (TOTs) on Eco-Village Development (EVD). p. 4
- 2. Participatory Planning of Eco-Village Development (EVD). p. 7
- 3. Planning and Organizing Implementation of EVD Program. p. 14
- 4. Cooking Solutions and Improved Cook Stoves (ICS). p. 19
- 5. Off-grid Solar Power and Lighting Solutions. p. 29
- 6. Rooftop Rain Water Harvesting System. p. 34
- 7. Household Biogas Plants. p. 38
- 8. Organic Composting. p. 49
- 9. Organic Agriculture in General. p. 54
10. Solar Drying of Agricultural and Horticultural Crops, Spices and Herbs. p. 60
11. Solar Greenhouse. p. 67
12. Improved Water Mill (IWM). p. 72
13. Biomass Waste for Rural Brick Production. p. 75
14. Other Low-Carbon Appropriate Green Technologies. p. 79
-- - A. - Wind Turbine, B. - Hydraulic Ram Pump, C. - Micro-Irrigation Systems,
-- - D. - Solar Street Light, E. - Solar Water Pump,
-- - F. - Parabolic Solar Cooker, G. - Improved Kitchen
1 - Collecting Baseline and Village Planning, India. p. 88
2 - “Anagi” Improved Biomass Stove, Sri Lanka. p. 91
3 - Biomass Waste for Brick Production, Sri Lanka p. 92
4 - Hybrid Wind Turbine, India. p. 94
5 - Solar Powered House, Bangladesh. p. 97
6 - Village Development Plan, Sri Lanka. p. 98
7 - Solar Water Pump, Bangladesh. p. 100
8 - Organic Vegetable Farming, Nepal. p. 116
9 - High-Value Tree Plantation, Nepal. p. 118
Bamboo Reinforced Cement Mortar Water Storage Tank. p. 120
Bamboo Woven Compost Basket. p. 124
Read More and References p. 126
Contacts p. 131
Editorial Team / Contributors: Raymond Myles, Kavita Myles, and Jaswant Singh from INSEDA, India; Zareen Myles from WAFD, India; Dumindu Herath from IDEA, Sri Lanka; Shovana Maharjan from CRT/N, Nepal; Mahmodul Hasan from Grameen Shakti, Bangladesh; Santosh Patnaik from CANSA, India; Gunnar Boye Olesen and Judit Szoleczky from INFORSE; and Lykke Valentin from DIB. Denmark.