The FTxSDG Challenge, powered by the Financial Times and Seedstars, has a mission to empower impact-driven entrepreneurs in emerging markets through a startup competition split in thematic challenges based on the UN's Sustainable Development Goals.
The SDGs themes are:
- Gender equality
- Climate Action
- Quality Education - sponsored by
School of Management Fribourg (HEG-FR)
- Good Jobs and Economic Growth
- Reduced Inequalities
- Good Health and Wellbeing
Individual participants are also welcome to join the SDGs Challenge and work in groups to solve real challenges for the different themes. They’ll be given the opportunity to work with their team over the course of a month in order to submit a pitch on their assigned SDG topic.
The FTxSDG Challenge gives entrepreneurs the opportunity to take their startups to the next level. The experience starts with participation in Investment Readiness Sessions in the lead up to the pitching competition. In parallel the individuals will be paired up with the teams to work on their solutions. Over the week of the challenge the participants will take part in masterclasses and workshops, then they will pitch their startups and ideas, get support from international mentors and the opportunity to connect to a global community of impact-driven investors. During the final day of the event the winners of each SDG theme are announced.
Prize for startups include:
- Short track to Seedstars Investor Fund (investment size of USD 500K)
- Free participation in the 3 months Seedstars Growth Program (value of USD 80K)
Prize for individuals and startups include:
- Mentorship session after the challenge with Financial Times senior leadership team
- Free access to USD 49k worth of discounts and perks from 50+ tools including AWS, Hubspot, Miro, Twilio and more
- Certificates and Awards
The CTCN Director Dr. Mwebaza will be part of the jury for the Climate Action track.
The deadline for applications is the 1st of November 2021, 5pm GMT.