The Network of Africa Women Environmentalists (NAWE) is launching a new initiative called the Earth Science Cafes. Each café event will be theme-based with an overall objective of “Connecting Science to Society” based on recognized and respected scientific reports, evidence and background data.
TIME: 12:00 GMT - 13:00 UK - 15:00 Kenya
The objective at this event is to delve deeper into the science of the main theme of deforestation, disruption and pandemics, by bringing together scientists, community leaders and indigenous knowledge experts, to explore how diverse knowledge systems are invaluable for building resilience in society.
- Dr Sheila Cecily Ommeh: Senior Research Fellow - Animal Biotechnology Group, Institute For Biotechnology Research (IBR), Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT), Nairobi, Kenya
- Mr Bernard Agwanda: Research Scientist & Curator of Mammals at National Museums of Kenya
- Ms Cécile Ndjebet: Member of NAWE, Founder and President of African Women’s Network for Community Management of Forests (REFACOF) in Cameroon
- Dr Tasila Banda: Member of NAWE, National Coordinator, Zambia Integrated Forest Landscapes Project (ZILFP), Zambia
- Ms Julia Watson: Urban Design Lecturer | Columbia & Harvard University, USA
Event Facilitator - Dr Sheila Ochugboju
Recording of the event will be circulated after the event and posted online