The CTCN, the Ministry of Science and ICT of the Republic of Korea and the Green Technology Center (GTC) jointly organized the CTCN Regional Forum for NDEs from Asia and the Pacific on 16th to 20th of July 2018 in Seoul, Republic of Korea.
In addition to the Regional Forum for NDEs, the Technical Expert Meeting (TEM), as a one-day session on July 19, was organized as part of the Technical Examination Process (TEP). The regional TEM focused on the links between climate change adaptation and mitigation through the nexus approach using the water-energy-food nexus as a learning-by-doing example.
In parallel, the participants had the opportunity to attend the Korea Climate Technology 2018, hosted by the Ministry of Science and ICT (July 18) and one-day climate technology field visit (July 20), organized by the Ministry of Science and ICT and the GTC.
The main objectives of the forum were to:
- Clarify the importance of climate technologies within the Paris Agreement;
- Promote South-South and North-South learning concerning priority climate technologies in the region;
- Strengthen collaboration and enhance linkages between CTCN stakeholders and counterparts within other mechanisms under the Convention;
- Create networking opportunities through showcasing innovative climate technologies that respond to country priorities and support implementation of Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) and National Adaptation Plans (NAPs); and
- Provide inputs to TEP and Talanoa Dialogue through the regional TEM.
During this Regional Forum, more than 80 participants including NDEs from 19 Asian-Pacific countries, NDA, selected Consortium Partners, Network Members, UNFCCC Secretariat, Green Climate Fund(GCF), and other climate experts shared their experiences and best practices from (or/and with) the CTCN.
This action was carried out with funding by the European Union.