The AFCIA will focus on producing two of the expected results of the ‘Strategic Focus 2 (Innovation)’ in the Adaptation Fund Medium-Term Strategy 2018-2022 (please click here for more information), which are:
- New innovations encouraged and accelerated - Development of innovative adaptation practices, tools and technologies encouraged and accelerated; and
- Evidence base generated - Evidence of effective, efficient adaptation practices, products and technologies generated as a basis for implementing entities and other funds to assess scaling up.
The AFCIA is expected to deliver outcomes as below:
- The innovation micro-grants mechanism is launched, and partnerships for accessing the Adaptation Fund innovation mechanism are accelerated;
- Adaptation innovation and technology incubation and acceleration supported by government structures and processes are enabled; and
- Experiences from the innovation micro-grants mechanism lead to scaled-up funding.
Such outcomes of the AFCIA will contribute to achieving the outcome of the innovation pillar of the Adaptation Fund Medium-Term Strategy 2018-2022, “Innovation for effective, long-term adaptation to climate change accelerated, encouraged and enabled”.