Enda Third World (Enda Tiers Monde) is an international organisation with diplomatic status based in Dakar, Senegal, Africa. It comprises a group of teams and programmes working in synergy, and describes itself as a network of decentralized nodes worldwide.
Environment and Development Action in the Third World
- Type:PublicationPublication date:
The United Nations Environment Programme's African Rural Energy Enterprise Development Programme (AREED) a follow-up of the wider programme REED operates in Africa to develop new sustainable energy enterprises that use clean, efficient and renewable energy technologies. These new enterprises can meet the energy needs of under-served populations while reducing the damaging environmental and health consequences of existing energy practices, particularly from low quality biomass fuels such as wood and dung.
- Type:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:Sectors:Cross-sectoral enabler:Approach:
This Technology Transfer Advances Côte d'Ivoire's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to "enhance the established enabling legal, policy and institutional environment for a low carbon emission development pathway to achieve poverty reduction and sustainable development".
- Type:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:Sectors:
This Technology Transfer Advances Senegal's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to reduce emissions by up to 21% by 2030 relative to baseline projections.
Senegal is a west african developing country where energy demand is growing fast ( 4%) mainly due to the demographic and economicic growth. At the other side, the energy supply face lot of difficulties and is
Developing a strategy for the reduction of air pollution in the autonomous district of Abidjan in order to contribute to efforts to reduce the harmful effects of climate changeType:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:Sectors:Cross-sectoral enabler:
This Technical Assistance Advances Côte d'Ivoire's:
- Nationally Determined Contribution to monitor ambient air pollution and provide the State with reports on air pollution for decision-making
- Map facilities equipment measures the air quality, areas at particular risk
- Information on potential emission sources
- Draft a framework and guidelines for the development of appropriate regulations on the quality of ambient air
- Recommend strategy for monitoring air quality
Introduction to energy policies for mitigating climate change: Opportunities for low-carbon development pathways in AfricaType:WebinarDate and time:Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - Wednesday, July 22, 2015 Europe/Copenhagen
Designing and implementing suitable and adapted energy-induced policies present real opportunities for low carbon emission strategies in African countries with regard to their progressive economic growth trend, a growing consumption demand of fuel wood and fossil fuel contrasted by a huge renewable energy potential.
Design and financing for crop drying and storage technologies to strengthen food security in the face of climate changeType:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:Sectors:Approach:
This Technology Transfer Advances Mali's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to give "Priority to develop a smart and resilient agriculture, including through the use of renewable energies".
- Type:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:Sectors:Cross-sectoral enabler:
This Technology Transfer Advances Mali's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to "Address the climate change challenges relevant to agriculture" and "Implement a technological action plan for adaptation and mitigation, as well as mobilization of local authorities, communities and vulnerable groups, to increase their resilience to climate change by 2020".
Introduction to climate technologies related to energy poverty and access: Examples and stories from AfricaType:WebinarDate and time:Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - Wednesday, March 11, 2015 Europe/Copenhagen
This webinar will discuss the concept of energy poverty and explore some of the main challenges in addressing energy poverty within developing countries that are themselves facing growing climate change risks.