The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) in South Africa is one of the leading scientific and technology research, development and implementation organisations in Africa. It undertakes directed research and development for socio-economic growth.
Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Objective:Sectors:
Kulima Integrated Development Solutions, in conjunction with the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) in South Africa and Universidade Eduardo Mondlane, in Mozambique, undertook a project on climate change health, agriculture and disasters analysis in Mozambique funded by CDKN at the request of the government of Mozambique. The project was divided into three work packages and a report for each of these work packages was submitted.
- Type:WebinarDate and time:Wednesday, October 7, 2015 - Wednesday, October 7, 2015 Europe/Copenhagen
This webinar will be presented by CSIR, member organization of the CTCN Consortium.
- Type:WebinarDate and time:Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - Wednesday, August 19, 2015 Europe/Copenhagen
Presenters from the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR, South Africa) will discuss the issue of climate change impacts on ecosystems and their associated services, how to assess ecosystem-vulnerability, and the role of ecosystem-based adaptation (EbA) technologies and practices for sustainable livelihoods.
Assessment and identification of technology needs and best practices for reducing the GHG emitting potential of the energy sector in MauritiusType:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:ImplementationCountries:Objective:
This Technology Transfer Advances Mauritius'
- Nationally Determined Contribution to decrease its greenhouse gas emissions by 30%, by the year 2030, relative to the business as usual scenario of 7 million metric tonnes CO2equivalent.
Identification and prioritization of technologies to address water scarcity and climate change impacts in NamibiaType:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:Objective:Sectors:Cross-sectoral enabler:Approach:
This Technology Transfer Advances Namibia's
- Nationally Determined Contribution and its long-term and near-term adaptation vision of implementing soil and water conservation policies and practices.
- Review national policies, projects and programmes
- Provide complete inventory of climate change adaptation projects for the water sector and international water plans, together with an analysis of lessons learned from these
- Type:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedObjective:Sectors:
- Type:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:Sectors:Cross-sectoral enabler:
This Technology Transfer Advances South Africa's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to build the necessary institutional capacity for climate change response planning and implementation for the period 2020 to 2030.