Economics and financial decision-making
In order to achieve ambitious national climate goals, the use of economic instruments such as crop and climate insurance, taxes, feed-in tariffs for renewable energy and other financial incentives are important enablers. The CTCN is collaborating with relevant stakeholders to support local entrepreneurs, small- and medium enterprises and larger businesses, as well as governmental decision-makers, in identifying these economic instruments. Furthermore the CTCN provides technical assistance for strengthening countries’ capacity to access international financing for climate technology opportunities. Below you will find related publications, partners, CTCN technical assistance, technologies and other information for exploring this topic further.
Economics and financial decision-making
- Type:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:Objective:Sectors:Approach:
This technology transfer advances Antigua and Barbuda's
- Nationally Determined Contribution adaptation target: By 2030, all buildings are improved and prepared for extreme climate events, including drought, flooding and hurricanes.
- Type:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:ReviewCountries:Objective:Cross-sectoral enabler:Approach:
The vulnerability of the Bahamas to the impacts of climate change is well known given its geographical vulnerabilities (limited land mass, low-relief and dispersion of islands, i.e., environmental vulnerabilities (high temperatures, storm surges, sea level rise, flooding, tropical cyclones and non-tropical processes), the concentration of socioeconomic activities and critical infrastructure in narrow coastal zones, its heavy dependence on tourism as a revenue source, and the limited human and institutional capacity.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The Blockchain & Climate Institute is a not-for-profit think tank founded at COP23 in 2017. It is an international network of experts working at the intersection of blockchain technology, climate change and sustainability. Our mission is to raise awareness among stakeholders in the international climate change policy community of the tremendous potential of blockchain technology to considerably enhance state and non-state climate actions by mirroring the UNFCCC's Technology Transfer Framework.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Lavola has more than 35 years’ experience in sustainability services. The company is specialized in:
- Consultancy in Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energies (including engineering), Carbon footprint, Climate Change mitigation and adaptation, Life Cycle analysis, Social Responsibility and Sustainable Urban and Regional Development.
- Sustainable Development Communication
- Sustainable Development Education including programmes, learning materials, activities and Management of centres.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:Dominican RepublicRelation to CTCN:Network MemberTA proponent
Enda Dominicana is a non-governmental organization established in 1984 with the mission to accompany rural and urban communities in the implementation of activities that promote the proper use of the resources of the environment and human development. Enda Dominicana works with forest reforestation, agroforestry, recovery wooded area coverage, and other matters that support to fight against climate change.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
We are a consulting firm, established in Hamburg in 1993. We advise companies and their foundations, organisations of international cooperation and their project partners worldwide, as well as policy, public administration and civil society actors in Germany. Our offices in Hamburg and Berlin offer a creative platform for our consultants, network partners and clients. We are run by a team consisting of executive director, financial managers and office managers.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:NetherlandsRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Americas Sustainable Development Foundation (ASDF) is an independent not-for-profit advisory foundation that connects people with innovative ideas to effectively address sustainable development challenges across the Americas.
We envision a world where humans live and thrive in harmony with their environment. Our mission is to facilitate the transition towards sustainable development in communities throughout the Americas. Drawing strength from our extensive network, resources, and experience, we: