The partnership aims to raise awareness of available readiness and capacity-building support for adaptation and to increase the accessibility of information on the available support. Article 7 of the Paris Agreement recognizes “the importance of support for, and international cooperation on adaptation efforts” and stipulates that “continued and enhanced international support shall be provided to developing country Parties”, in accordance, inter alia, with the provisions of Article 11 on capacity-building.
Capacity building and training
A country cannot mitigate or adapt to climate change without first strengthening skills and the knowledge to do so. The CTCN works with network members and local stakeholders to provide information, training and support to build and/or strengthen the capacity of developing countries to identify, maintain and adapt climate technology solutions. Capacity building and training can enable decision-makers to initiate change on local and national level. As part of this effort, the CTCN strives to develop analytical tools, policies and best practices for country-driven climate mitigation and adaptation. Below you will find related publications, partners, CTCN technical assistance, technologies and other information for exploring this topic further.
Capacity building and training
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Objective:
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Lavola has more than 35 years’ experience in sustainability services. The company is specialized in:
- Consultancy in Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energies (including engineering), Carbon footprint, Climate Change mitigation and adaptation, Life Cycle analysis, Social Responsibility and Sustainable Urban and Regional Development.
- Sustainable Development Communication
- Sustainable Development Education including programmes, learning materials, activities and Management of centres.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:IndonesiaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Forest Carbon is a private sector organization that was registered as Pt. Forest Carbon Consultants Indonesia. Prior to this, Forest Carbon operated as a sole proprietary consulting firm. The mission is to substantially reduce forest based greenhouse gas emissions by providing scientifically rigorous technical services. Forest Carbon has expertise in all aspects of REED+ such as program design, feasibility assessments, inventories, MRV, and mapping and remote sensing.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Approach:
Description of the project:
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:Dominican RepublicRelation to CTCN:Network MemberTA proponent
Enda Dominicana is a non-governmental organization established in 1984 with the mission to accompany rural and urban communities in the implementation of activities that promote the proper use of the resources of the environment and human development. Enda Dominicana works with forest reforestation, agroforestry, recovery wooded area coverage, and other matters that support to fight against climate change.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
We are a consulting firm, established in Hamburg in 1993. We advise companies and their foundations, organisations of international cooperation and their project partners worldwide, as well as policy, public administration and civil society actors in Germany. Our offices in Hamburg and Berlin offer a creative platform for our consultants, network partners and clients. We are run by a team consisting of executive director, financial managers and office managers.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network Member
CONSULAQUA Hamburg is a 100% subsidiary of HAMBURG WASSER, Northern Germany's largest public water supply and wastewater disposal company, and provides advanced expertise and long term experience for all kinds of capacity development challenges, consultancy and engineering tasks in the water sector. The services of services CONSULAQUA Hamburg include assessment missions, capacity development initiatives (training, planning, engineering, etc.) and consulting services in the fields of operation and maintenance, water supply, wastewater management and water resources management.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:NetherlandsRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Americas Sustainable Development Foundation (ASDF) is an independent not-for-profit advisory foundation that connects people with innovative ideas to effectively address sustainable development challenges across the Americas.
We envision a world where humans live and thrive in harmony with their environment. Our mission is to facilitate the transition towards sustainable development in communities throughout the Americas. Drawing strength from our extensive network, resources, and experience, we:
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:SwitzerlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
The Basel Agency for Sustainable Energy (BASE) is a Swiss Foundation and Specialised Partner of United Nations Environment. BASE develops innovative ideas and tailored market-driven solutions to drive investment in sustainable energy and to meet the challenge of climate change.
BASE has implemented projects incorporating locally appropriate climate technologies in North and South America, Africa, Asia and Europe.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Science and Technology Policy Institute have served as a top think tank in science and technology. Ranked top 16 in the 2015 Global Think Tank Rankings, STEPI guides the development of the national policy agenda and leads foresight research in Korea. STEPI has been designated as the implementing agency for science, technology, and innovation ODA by the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning.