Capacity building and training
Capacity building and training
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Objective:
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:AustriaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The Private Financing Advisory Network (PFAN) is a global network of climate and clean energy financing experts that aims to bridge the gap between entrepreneurs developing climate and clean energy projects and private sector investors to mobilize private financing. PFAN achieves this by originating technically and commercially viable clean energy and climate adaptation projects, nurturing their development through coaching provided by its network of in-country financing advisors and technical experts and then facilitating investment through its global investor network.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:IndonesiaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Forest Carbon is a private sector organization that was registered as Pt. Forest Carbon Consultants Indonesia. Prior to this, Forest Carbon operated as a sole proprietary consulting firm. The mission is to substantially reduce forest based greenhouse gas emissions by providing scientifically rigorous technical services. Forest Carbon has expertise in all aspects of REED+ such as program design, feasibility assessments, inventories, MRV, and mapping and remote sensing.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Approach:
Description of the project:
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Practical Action Consulting (PAC) is the consulting arm of Practical Action, an international non-governmental organisation that uses technology to challenge poverty in developing countries. Through technology PAC enables poor communities to build on their skills and knowledge to produce sustainable and practical solutions - transforming their lives forever and protecting the world around them. Every year PAC uses technology to help over 1 million people out of poverty.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Green Technology Center (GTC) is a government affiliated research institute under the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning (MSIP) that provides national green technology R&D policies and coordinates related domestic/international organizations to support sustainable development of other countries based on green/climate change technologies. GTC serves as Korea’s gateway for global green technology cooperation, as it connects developed and developing countries for growth and diffusion of green technology and strategies.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:CanadaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Econoler is a private sector consulting firm established in 1981 with the mission to provide quality energy efficiency and renewable energy professional services while respecting sustainable development principles. Econoler is specialized in energy efficiency and has more than 30 years of experience in this specific field of expertise.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:NetherlandsRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Perspectives Climate Group develops policy instruments for GHG mitigation for NAMAs and NDCs as well as support services for GHG mitigation projects under market mechanisms, with activities in over 40 countries in Europe, Africa and Asia. Perspectives supports design of mitigation documentation for efficiency in power plants, industrial boilers, and buildings, as well as municipal waste management, waste-water, renewable energy and demand-side energy efficiency. Perspectives is specialized in methodologies for baselines under market mechanisms and supporting access to climate finance.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
The Clean Energy Solutions Center is a Web-based resource that helps governments design and adopt policies and programs that support the deployment of clean-energy technologies. The Solutions Center’s three main offerings are Ask an Expert policy assistance, training and peer-to-peer learning forums, and a rich library of technical tools and publications. The Solutions Center is an initiative of the Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM), a global forum to share best practices and promote policies and programs that encourage and facilitate the transition to a global clean energy economy.