ACTERRA is a consultancy firm supporting climate policies and climate change adaptation strategies (public and private actors): risks and vulnerability assessment, definition of climate strategies and action plans, institutional and organizational reforms in order to provide adequate responses to the problems identified, monitoring and evaluation of policies and projects / programs, training and capacity building. ACTERRA's expertise on adaptation and resilience is based on a professional practice of more than 15 years acquired in France and abroad.
Capacity building and training
A country cannot mitigate or adapt to climate change without first strengthening skills and the knowledge to do so. The CTCN works with network members and local stakeholders to provide information, training and support to build and/or strengthen the capacity of developing countries to identify, maintain and adapt climate technology solutions. Capacity building and training can enable decision-makers to initiate change on local and national level. As part of this effort, the CTCN strives to develop analytical tools, policies and best practices for country-driven climate mitigation and adaptation. Below you will find related publications, partners, CTCN technical assistance, technologies and other information for exploring this topic further.
Capacity building and training
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FranceRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:NigeriaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Women Environmental Programme (WEP) is a non-governmental organization formed in April 1997 by a group of women in Nigeria but registered in 2003.
WEP’s vision is a world where the lives of women and youth are positively transformed. The mission of WEP is ensuring the rights of women and youth through sustainable environmental, socio-political and economic development.
WEP’s activities center around four thematic areas: environment, peace and conflict, governance and climate change.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:UgandaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
United Children Integrated Development Action Uganda (UNCIDA) is a not-for-profit Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) established in 2008 and incorporated as a company limited by guarantee without Share Capital; UNCIDA works to address the root causes of poverty, injustice and discrimination with a particular focus on programs that contribute to the strengthening of local, protective environments and improved social transformation and well-being in the lives of children and their families through innovative Partnerships and by Strengthening the Voice of the poor, Marginaliz
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network Member
The Collaborating Centre on Sustainable Consumption and Production(CSCP) is a Think and Do tank that works with businesses, policy makers, partner organizations and civil society toward a sustainable planet. The United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) and the Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Energy and Environment jointly founded us in 2005. As a non-profit organisation, we focus on the promotion of sustainable patterns of consumption and production (SCP).
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:IndiaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
EY is a consulting company that provides assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, especially in climate change advisory with solutions spanning across climate adaptation and mitigation, low-carbon development across various sectors, UNFCCC negotiations and matters related to national-international policy paradigm, capacity building, engaging, liasing with national/state governments in multiple nations.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:AustriaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The Private Financing Advisory Network (PFAN) is a global network of climate and clean energy financing experts that aims to bridge the gap between entrepreneurs developing climate and clean energy projects and private sector investors to mobilize private financing. PFAN achieves this by originating technically and commercially viable clean energy and climate adaptation projects, nurturing their development through coaching provided by its network of in-country financing advisors and technical experts and then facilitating investment through its global investor network.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The Blockchain & Climate Institute is a not-for-profit think tank founded at COP23 in 2017. It is an international network of experts working at the intersection of blockchain technology, climate change and sustainability. Our mission is to raise awareness among stakeholders in the international climate change policy community of the tremendous potential of blockchain technology to considerably enhance state and non-state climate actions by mirroring the UNFCCC's Technology Transfer Framework.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:CanadaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
Viresco Solutions is a consulting firm based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Its core business is greenhouse gas offset policy development and implementation, greenhouse gas emissions quantification, sustainable supply chain development, environmental offset methodology development, and providing technical assistance to others undertaking carbon offset project development. Its clients include industry and non-governmental associations, large private sector companies, and local, provincial and federal governments.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Lavola has more than 35 years’ experience in sustainability services. The company is specialized in:
- Consultancy in Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energies (including engineering), Carbon footprint, Climate Change mitigation and adaptation, Life Cycle analysis, Social Responsibility and Sustainable Urban and Regional Development.
- Sustainable Development Communication
- Sustainable Development Education including programmes, learning materials, activities and Management of centres.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:IndonesiaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Forest Carbon is a private sector organization that was registered as Pt. Forest Carbon Consultants Indonesia. Prior to this, Forest Carbon operated as a sole proprietary consulting firm. The mission is to substantially reduce forest based greenhouse gas emissions by providing scientifically rigorous technical services. Forest Carbon has expertise in all aspects of REED+ such as program design, feasibility assessments, inventories, MRV, and mapping and remote sensing.