InnoVentum installed a wind-solar hybrid carport Giraffe 2.0 and two solar PV carports at the venue of the 22nd session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 22) to the UNFCCC in Marrakech as part of the program Greening COP 22 in Marrakesh, Morocco – “Low Carbon Public Buildings” Component carried out by UNIDO.
The installations became possible thanks to the smooth cooperation with our partners ( ABB, BCLT Energie and Krinner), initial financing from the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and additional financial and organisational support of the Swedish actors: Swedish Energy Agency and Business Sweden
InnoVentum had the honour to be part of the Nordic Pavilion in the Green Zone as well as participating in the events at COP22, in particular:
- Nov 09, 2016 (15:30-17:00), Nordic Pavilion, Blue Zone: "The 24th Longitude East - a Pathway for Cleantech Cooperation from the Northern Lights to the Caprivi Strip" (GreenStream)
- Nov 17, 2016 (9:00-10:00), the Observatory and the Marrakech City Hall: The Inauguration of the Low Carbon Public Buildings Initiative. The delegation included representatives of GEF, including Masako Ogawa, Senior Environmental Specialist at GEF, Direcor General of UNIDO Li Yong, Director of Energy Branch at UNIDO, Dr Pradeep Monga, Ambassador of Sweden to Morocco, H.E. Erika Ferrer, Swedish Energy Agency representatives as well as the Mayor of Marrakech, Mohamed Larbi Belcaid. The visit to our installations was followed by a presentation of the project and the results achieved for the 3 pilot buildings. At the event UNIDO launched a new platform for attracting partnerships with the private sector to support the greening of the city initiatives. The event was covered by a press release on the UNIDO website and various social media.
The Ambassador of Sweden to Morocco, H.E. Erika Ferrer, gave an inspirational speech at the inauguration:
You can learn more about the solutions installed for this project in the description below:
installed at The Regional Observatory for the Environment and Sustainable Development of Marrakesh
(L’observatoire régional de l'environnement et du développement durable de Marrakech)
Giraffe 2.0 is a hybrid wind-solar energy station, carport and EV charger designed and produced by InnoVentum. Special positioning of PV panels allows for stable energy production – yielding solar energy during several additional hours compared to a classic PV mounting.
In a windy location (e.g., with 6m/s average wind speed), the Giraffe 2.0 is able to produce 13 800 kWh per year – providing energy during most hours of the day, all year round.
The supporting construction made of wood, as well as the ground screw foundation, considerably reduce carbon footprint of the installation.
Giraffe 2.0 has received a number of awards, grants & certifications:
- Award by the Wind Energy Association of Sweden in July 2016
- The Giraffe 2.0 has obtained an International Consumer Label based on the Certification by SP Technical Institute of Sweden
- European Commission has awarded the "Seal of Excellence" to the Giraffe 2.0 as an EV charger project
- Product of the Show Award at the Energy Show 2016 in Ireland
- Grant by the Energy Agency of Sweden for the development of the Giraffe 2.0
SOLAR PV CARPORTS
installed at the City Hall of Marrakechand the Municipal Palace Wilaya of Marrakech Tensift-Al Haouz
Solar PV Carport has been developed by InnoVentum in response to the market demand requiring cost-efficient and well-designed solar PV shade structures and carports.
The InnoVentum carport unit is designed for 2 cars with 24 PV panels covering the roof and can be extended to accommodate 4, 6, 8, 10 and more cars. Considering modularity of the construction coupled with the choice of peak power per panel ranging between 245 and 327+ Wp, InnoVentum can design a bespoke solution providing the necessary amount of energy for each customer.
The COP22 Carport solution is designed to accommodate 4 cars and deliver 12kWp power from the installed solar panels. There are 2 solar PV carports in Marrakech: at the Urban Municipality of Marrakech (La commune urbaine de Marrakech-Tensift-AlHaouz) and the Wilaya of Marrakech.
If you would like to get more information about our solutions please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
Photos from the COP22 can be viewed in this Flickr album.