When high temperature clinker from the outlet of kiln is dropped on the grate of cooler, it is not in flat or balanced. With the conventional cooler, cooling air is supplied to each air chambers, because of imbalance of cooling air, heat recovery rate is approximately 50 to 60 %. For the purpose of the improvement of heat recovery rate, the air beam type cooler is developed. It has unique point as follows:
- Cooling air is supplied directly to each block that is constructed by 4 to 8 pieces of grate plate.
- The grate plate is structured, as more air tight and fined clinker is not able to spill down through grate.
- This type of grate can be installed to the part of kiln outlet or main heat recovery area.
As cooling air is controlled for each block, air distribution can be optimized. Therefore, heat recovery rate is improved by several % and the life of grate plate is extended.
- Specific heat consumption: approx. 42-167 kJ/kg reduction
- Specific power consumption: approx. 0.5-1.5 kWh/t reduction
Maintenance cost of grate plate: decrease (Extension of life)