24 June, 14:00 – 17:00 CET
The World Wind Energy Association in collaboration with the African Platform for Community Power and Rural Electrification, the Mali Folkecenter Nyetaa and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) invites to the following webinar: Community power partnerships for developing countries.
Community representatives will present their planned initiatives projects, and potential partners will add their expectations and views. In addition, the webinar will discuss how to establish a platform that fosters investment partnerships, also potentially in collaboration with international organisations.
Agenda (14:00 – 17:00 CET time):
- 14:00 – Welcome by Hon. Peter Rae AO (WWEA), Dr. Ibrahim Togola (AfricaCoPREP/MFC), Rana Pratap Singh (UNIDO)
- 14:15 – Ibrahim Togola, Mali – Upscaling rural electrification with renewable energy in Mali
- 14: 30 – Johan Lewin, South Africa – 100% renewable energy communities in South Africa – just a dream?
- 14:40 – Jeffree Rugare, Zimbabwe – Community based renewables enterpreneurs in Zimbabwe
- 14:50 – Ulises Garcia, La Tortuga – A community wind project in Peru
- 15:00 – Héctor Pagani & Esteban van Dam, Argentina – Small wind energy for the development of rural communities in Patagonia, Argentina
- 15:10 – Sergio Oceransky, Yansa – Community power in Mexico and Chile
- 15:20 – (tbc) Arge Netz
- 15:30 – Katharina Habersbrunner, WECF – Partnering in Ethiopia and Uganda
- 15:40 – Dr. Alex Zahnd, RIDS-Nepal – Holistic Community Development Concept
- 15:45 –Alessandro Costa, Falck Renewables – Developers supporting community energy development
- 15:55 – Marilyn Heib, Bettervest – Bettervest – A crowdfunding platform
- 16:05 – Osman Benchikh – Training and education as key for community development and partnerships
- 16:15 – Kelly Tai, IRENA
- 16:25 – Rana Pratap Singh, UNIDO
- 16:35 – Discussion
- 17:00 – End