July 15-17, 2020
The conference “Women in Industry and Innovation” will gather government representatives, private sector actors, experts, entrepreneurs, researchers and other relevant stakeholders, in an effort to promote the development of an inclusive and sustainable environment for the economic empowerment of women. Inspired by the stories of female leaders and entrepreneurs, the format of the conference aims to ensure a high level of engagement and interaction among stakeholders and participants. As part of this effort, the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) will be holding an online collaboration lab to hear from participants of the conference and bring their ideas and the voice of the community into the roundtable discussions of the conference.
- Informed by the inputs and discussions, generate recommendations that can contribute to national, regional and global efforts to promote women as drivers of industry and innovation;
- Highlight productive opportunities presented for women’s economic empowerment and improved resilience along value chains, realizing emerging opportunities through ICTs and digital technologies, and tapping into opportunities in circular economy;
- Provide a forum for productive discussions on improving the resilience of women in the face of crises such as COVID-19;
- Provide inclusive opportunities for women to access, participate and contribute to global fora, while leveraging emerging digital trends and innovative solutions for improved connectivity;
- Reinforce dialogue between donors and national and international counterparts on women’s economic empowerment;
- Promote business and theme-specific networks that reflect different contexts and realities.