The Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN) is assisting Benin, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Senegal and Togo to establish a regional coastal classification, hazard management and standardized communication scheme utilizing the Coastal Hazard Wheel. A final workshop will take place on November 27-28 in Dakar, Senegal.
The workshop will focus on:
1) Commenting on the results of the mapping of the coastal risks of 8 countries from West Africa and Cameroon through the Coastal Hazard Wheel methodology
2) Exchanging on the pertinence, limitations and benefits of the use of the Coastal Hazard Wheel and how to optimize its use at national and regional level
3) Examine the adaptation options proposed and the implication of their adoption at national level
4) Define a roadmap for improving the harmonization of actions ain order to properly address the challenges of coastal erosion and climate change
5) Elaborate a joint road map for action identifying potential areas of support of CTCN and other partners
If you are interested to attend the workshop, please contact Federico Villatico Campbell, CTCN Regional Manager for LAC, West and Central Africa (email@example.com) or the representative of the CTCN Network member, implementing this technical assistance, Oscar Martinez Heredia (firstname.lastname@example.org).