This Electric School Bus Pilot in Antigua initiative will be one of the first public sector electric vehicle initiatives in the Caribbean region. The Department of Environment is looking for proposals of electric school buses and charging stations in Antigua and Barbuda.
Scope of Work:
1. Proposed cost of purchasing two electric school buses with 40-seater capacity and driving range greater than 60 miles;
2. Proposed cost of purchasing and installing two charging stations for the buses; to be installed at the East Bus Station and the Antigua and Barbuda Transport Board in Herbert’s Estate. Charging stations should have a built-in meter for ease of data collection;
3. Proposed annual maintenance schedule and operational cost for the vehicles, inclusive of life expectancy of battery life;
4. Proposed cost of training mechanics within the Government service or relevant Ministry for the maintenance of the vehicles; and
5. Proposed cost of training bus drivers on management of the vehicles.
The deadline for submission is November 13, 2017.
PLEASE NOTE, this is not the CTCN call for proposals.