10 new institutions joined the Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN). Through its Network, the CTCN mobilises policy and technical expertise to deliver technology solutions, capacity building and implementation advice to developing countries. The Centre also serves as a platform for Network members to share their solutions and experience via the CTCN Knowledge Portal, Network member hosted webinars, relevant trainings, networking and events such as the CTCN Regional Forums.
New Climate Technology Network members include:
- Energy to Business. E2BIZ is a Chilean company, formed in 2013. The company provides strategic and technical consultancy services designed to evaluate the impact of energy and environmental policies on climate change (mitigation and adaptation), electricity markets, renewable energy sector, energy efficiency, and GIS analysis.
- Turvulent NV. Turbulent develops cost-effective micro hydropower plants that can be installed in any river, canal or waterway that has a drop between 1.5 - 5 m and a flow of at least 1CMS. Our patented Turbulent vortex technology has a minimal impact on the local ecosystem and focusses on the repurpose of unused structures such as watermills and irrigation canals supporting the energy transition to use the untapped potential of rivers in developing countries in order to generate constant, renewable energy to contribute to the goals of universal access to sustainable energy.
- ClimateSI. ClimateSi is a private company carrying out its activities over 20 countries in the world. The company is operating in the areas of GHG MRVs, Carbon Pricing, sustainable development assessments, Climate Policy, Climate Finance, Low emission Development Initiatives, legal and other sustainability assessment related to climate change. Also ClimateSI has taken a further step ahead and established an IT department to facilitate digitization of the regional and organizational MRV systems and to develop some other climate change related IT products.
- Tattva Foundation. Tattva is a Technology based organisation for Social Change, established in 2015 with ICT4D Specialization. It is specialized in making Web based software, dashboards, and mobile applications for social purpose Institutions and so far, they have worked in 4 developing countries in M-health, gender & livelihoods, governance, and policy etc. with UNICEF, World bank, State govt. of Nagaland, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine etc.
- Slash Digital Pte.Ltd. Slash is a Singapore-based software engineering and venture building studio. We help corporate clients, governments, NGO & multilateral organizations as well as startups to build impactful digital solutions with cutting-edge technologies. Clients include UNWFP, UNDP, AXA, ADB, COMO Group, Smart Axiata and more. They also build our own startups. On average 4 startups a year.
- Tetra Tech ES, Inc. Tetra Tech delivers best-in-class energy consulting services to power low-carbon development for our clients worldwide. Their work focuses on sector reforms that build transparent, competitive energy markets; clean energy services to achieve decarbonization and climate change goals; utility modernization programs that create climate-smart, gender-equitable and resilient power companies of the future; and transaction advisory that brings power projects to life through comprehensive, tailored support to benefit clients, countries, and communities.
- NEYEN Consulting. NEYEN provides access to innovative tools and processes to assess and reduce mitigation actions risk management for financial assistance and compliance, gaining a unique leadership position in the design of methodologies, infrastructure and regulatory frameworks that govern the generation of mitigation outcomes. They are involved in first-of-their-kind developments in energy policy, climate market mechanisms, subnational green growth strategies, clean energy sector M&A in multiple countries around the globe.
- Global Cement and Concrete Association. The GCCA is the trusted, authoritative platform and voice for the cement and concrete sector across the world. Their work will help ensure that the views of cement and concrete are holistic and based on robust evidence.Our vision sees a world where concrete supports global sustainable economic, social and environmental development priorities; and where it is valued as an essential material to deliver a sustainable future for the built environment.
- Metroeconomica, S.L. Metroeconomica is an independent consulting group specialised in conducting research using the spectrum of social scientific research methods in a range of policy domains, but particularly in sustainability policy and environmental economics. Since 1983 it has been delivering environmental and socioeconomic analysis and policy assessment, using both qualitative (e.g., survey design and implementation) and quantitative (e.g., statistical analysis and econometric modelling) research methods based on economic theory.
- Burch Energy Services LLC. They provide utility companies and other clients with energy efficiency consulting on sustainable upgrades on whole life cycles of projects by producing investment-grade energy savings analysis. We also provide resiliency-focused intelligent building technology solutions that prioritize clean and healthy air for building occupants, while saving energy.
Join the Network
The CTCN actively seeks Network members from all geographic regions with an array of sector experience. The membership is cost-free. To facilitate the Network application process, the CTCN has recently launched an online Network application form.
If you have any inquiries in submitting the application, please contact Daye Eom, CTCN Network Specialist ([email protected]) for support.