10 new institutions joined the Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN) in January. Through its Network, the CTCN mobilises policy and technical expertise to deliver technology solutions, capacity building and implementation advice to developing countries. Network members gain pre-qualification to compete for CTCN technical assistance contracts. Network membership is free of charge and members gain access to global knowledge sharing and partnership activities as well as enhanced visibility through the CTCN Knowledge Portal, Network member-hosted webinars, relevant trainings, networking and global/regional events such as the CTCN Regional Forums.
New Climate Technology Network members include:
- Delta Electronics Foundation (DEF), a philanthropic and research institute auxiliary to Delta Group, specializing in switching power and thermal solutions;
- ENeRG, is the European Network for Research in Geo-Energy, created in 1992 by research institutes in Europe involved in research and technology development (RTD) focused on the sustainable use of the underground for the energy transition;
- Eridanus Ltda, an engineering and consulting company specialized in water resources, founded in Chile in January 2013;
- FARAB, a company, established in 1983 and began operating as the main contractor in the field of hydro power plant in 1992. It broadened its range of activities to other fields including smart metering, solar power plant, railway industries, water treatment plants, water desalination plants and independent power production projects;
- INENSUS GmbH: is forerunner in the development of the international mini-grid sector. Based on its experience as mini-grid investor, developer and operator in West and East Africa, the company has been and is influencing mini-grid policies and regulations, designing tendering processes and supporting mini-grid developers in many countries;
- Institute for Global Climate Change and Energy, Kyungpook National University: is a specialized institute with experts and contributors from various fields with the aim to aggregate the best talent and provide relevant academic and industry services around the globe;
- Korea South-East Power Co., Ltd, it was established in 2001 being separated from the electricity generation department of KEPCO (Korea Electric Power Corporation). KOEN is supplying the economic power stably to the consumers which is the driving force of the national industry development and essential energy for the cultural life of the people from the 6 power generation complexes;
- Lifebuilders, a registered social and non-governmental organisation for sustainable development interventions targeted at youths and women.
- OFGEN, a family-owned company specializing in turnkey construction of photovoltaic solar plants on a commercial and Industrial level. Its specialization covers the entire value chain, ranging from project development, construction, financing to operations and maintenance of solar systems;
- Simpla Biotech Co.Ltd, the company builds the brand of "Simpla Cornfield” and sets non-toxic, healthy and eco-friendly as the purpose of the brand and makes the brand as the representative of non-toxic homeware in new quality life.
Join the Network
The CTCN actively seeks Network members from all geographic regions with an array of sector experience. The membership is cost-free. Download the Network application, complete it and send to firstname.lastname@example.org