The Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN) is seeking a Technical Assistance Consultant (Mitigation), to be based at the CTCN Secretariat in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The consultant will support the coordination of technical assistance to countries in reducing their GHG emissions. Under the supervision of the Climate Technology Manager for mitigation, the consultant will specifically support:
- The identification and generation of requests for technical assistance from developing countries, in collaboration with CTCN Consortium Partners and United Nations regional offices;
- The tracking, refinement and analysis of requests for technical assistance received by the CTCN;
- The coordination of Response Planning meetings among members of CTCN Response Planning Teams, National Designated Entities and technical assistance proponents;
- The identification of trends and opportunities to strengthen CTCN technical assistance;
- The coordination for the implementation of technical assistance activities in developing countries, in collaboration with the CTCN Consortium and Network partners, as well as National Designated Entities;
- The design and refinement of CTCN technical assistance procedures and guidance;
- The production of CTCN technical assistance communication materials.
The CTCN is the operational arm of the UNFCCC Technology Mechanism and is hosted by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) together with the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO). The Technical Assistance Consultant position is contracted through UNOPS.
Applications to be submitted by 15 January 2016.