The Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN) is seeking a consultant, who will support the operations and development of the CTCN in Africa. The position is physically located in the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) Field Office in Dakar, Senegal.
In particular, the consultant will:
- Facilitate discussions with the CTCN national focal point, i.e. National Designated Entities (NDEs), of the region on generation and development of requests for technical assistance, in line with respective national priorities and in coordination with other relevant initiatives and projects.
- Provide support in design, coordination and implementation of the technical assistance response plan. Coordinate closely with CTCN Consortium Partners of the region on CTCN activities.
- Contribute to the development of regional CTCN capacity building activities in the region, including:
- design and implementation of the regional CTCN capacity building activities
- develop and conduct CTCN regional trainings and networking events, as well as CTCN national consultative processes
- Provide support to the CTCN Knowledge Management team by creating synergies between existing regional web-based knowledge sharing platforms and CTCN's web-based knowledge management system, including synergies in delivery of webinars and other web-based trainings.
- Contribute to the expansion of the Network of CTCN through identification, introduction of prospective members and review of membership applications from Africa.
- Prepare monthly activity plans and progress reports for review and approval by CTCN core staff.
- Represent CTCN in regional and national events and platforms and internal planning meetings as and when required.