The Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN) is looking for a Climate Change Adaptation Specialist, who will work in close coordination with the CTCN Director and the Regional Manager in the Latin America, Caribbean, West and Central Africa regions.
Deadline for applications: 5 February 2020
Location: to be determined
In particular, he/she will support:
• Capacity building, knowledge management, and communication activities on adaptation technologies;
• Adaptation and joint mitigation-adaptation technical assistance request generation and refinement; and technical assistance day-to-day management;
• CTCN Response Plan development and review (project documents) in collaboration with client countries and sector experts;
• Consortium Partners and Network Members engagement for delivery of CTCN technical assistance, including monitoring and evaluation;
• Input into global adaptation products including within the scope of the UNFCCC processes;
• Outreach to new client countries and network members including through vision to concept programmes.
The consultant will contribute to the following deliverables:
• Materials needed for Regional Fora to be conducted throughout 2019-2020 are drafted and finalized;
• Recommendations on potential adaptation and joint mitigation-adaptation requests are prepared;
• Technical review and recommendations on the design of CTCN response plans (project documents) are prepared;
• Review and quality assurance of deliverable reports provided by CTCN implementers is undertaken;
• Drafting of ToR for agreements and tendering documents;
• Evaluation of technical proposals submitted by the network;
• Review and quality assurance of Monitoring & Evaluation reports is undertaken;
• Preparation of Readiness proposals for the Green Climate Fund and other windows of adaptation financing;
• The database of partners and their adaptation-related activities is updated.