The Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN) is looking for a Climate change mitigation and adaptation specialist, Latin America & Caribbean (LAC).
Deadline for applications: 14 April 2021
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
In this position, the specialist will provide services for the operationalization of the Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN), and will work in close coordination with the CTCN Director and the Regional Manager in the LAC region.
In particular, he/she will:
- Provide technical input on mitigation and joint mitigation-adaptation request generation and refinement; and guidance on day-to-day management;
- Facilitate CTCN Response Plan development and review project documents in collaboration with client countries and sector experts;
- Promote and facilitate capacity building, knowledge management, and communication activities on climate change mitigation and adaptation technologies;
- Manage relationships with the National Designated Entities (NDEs) and new relationships with regional players in LAC;
- Collaborate closely with Consortium Partners and Network Members engagement for delivery of CTCN technical assistance, including monitoring and evaluation.
The Specialist will contribute to the following deliverables:
- Recommendations on potential mitigation and adaptation requests are prepared;
- Technical review and recommendations on the design of CTCN response plans (project documents) are prepared;
- Review and quality assurance of deliverable reports provided by CTCN implementers is undertaken;
- Drafting of ToR for agreements and tendering documents;
- Evaluation of technical proposals submitted by the network;
- Review and quality assurance of Monitoring & Evaluation and closure reports is undertaken;
- Preparation of Readiness proposals for the Green Climate Fund and other windows of climate financing;
- Materials needed for Regional Forum, trainings, networking events, CTCN National consultative process, and other regional events organized by CTNC to be conducted throughout 2021 are drafted and finalized.
For more information, please visit here: https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=21563#2