The Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN) is seeking an Asia-Pacific Adaptation Specialist.
In this position, the consultant will provide services for the operationalization of the Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN), and will work in close coordination with the CTCN Director and the Regional Manager on adaptation technologies in the Asia-Pacific region.
In particular, for Asia-Pacific he/she will support:
• Capacity building, knowledge management, and communication activities on adaptation technologies;
• Adaptation and cross-sectoral mitigation-adaptation technical assistance request generation and refinement;
• CTCN Response Plan development and review (project documents) in collaboration with client countries and sector experts;
• Reporting on results from TA and other CTCN services related to adaptation, including through ActivityInfo and other systems as needed, is timely conducted;
• Day-to-day support to management of specific adaptation programmes, including AFCIA.
• Consortium Partner and Network Member engagement for delivery of CTCN technical assistance, including monitoring and evaluation;
• Input into global adaptation products including within the scope of the UNFCCC processes;
• Outreach to new client countries and network members including through the 'request incubator', 'vision to concept', AFCIA and other programmes.
The deadline for applications: 8 September 2021