The Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN) is seeking experts for the implementation of the following technical assistance:
Burkina Faso's main urban centers have a large amount of land for the creation of green spaces provided for in the cadastral plans. However, green space sites are illegally occupied (27% in 2012), diverted from their initial use or colonized by socio-economic infrastructures such as schools, places of worship and commercial kiosks. In the face of these threats, protection, beautification and enhancement is a major challenge for sustainable management of landscaping in Burkina Faso in order to improve the quality of life of the population in urban areas as reflected in the National Landscaping Strategy.
- Carry out a territorial and geo-spatial diagnosis for the identification of sites in the city of Ouagadougou in Burkina Faso through the use of satellite technologies for the promotion of urban green infrastructure;
- Select sites and define the use of these sites in consultation with all stakeholders;
- Identify plant species that can adapt to the climatic zone concerned;
- Formulate a plan to implement, develop and manage urban green infrastcruture in the city of Ouagadougou including a capacity building actions;
- Raise the awareness of the youngest and vulnerable populations to the challenges of sustainable cities;
- Facilitate access to climate finance by drafting a concept note.
With the help of satellite technologies, new green spaces and green infrastructure will be identified, protected, secured and enhanced, increasing the resilience of the city of Ouagadougou to the effects of climate change. The technical assistance will also promote citizen participation and raise awareness among the most vulnerable populations (women and children).
Deadline to express the interest: 5 April, 2021
For this call, the CTCN has initiated a new procurement process through the United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON). Interested vendors should forward their Expressions of Interest (EOI) along with the signed vendor response form and qualification documents (included in the attachment) addressing the pre-qualification criteria to: [email protected] with a copy to: [email protected].
For more information, please visit:
UNPD Internet Site: https://www.un.org/Depts/ptd/sites/www.un.org.Depts.ptd/files/pdf/eoi18243.pdf
UNGM Portal: https://www.ungm.org/Public/Notice/123453
In case you are not a CTCN network member yet, you may still apply (further details are found in the document).
Please note that this request for expression of interest (EOI) is not an invitation for submission of tenders. Its purpose is to identify companies that would be interested and eligible to participate in the solicitation when issued. Vendors that are deemed qualified upon completion of an objective evaluation of their EOI submission will receive the final tender solicitation documents.