CIAT is an international center for tropical agriculture, based in Colombia, with the mission to reduce hunger and poverty, and improve human nutrition in the tropics. The Center collaborates with a wide number of partners to facilitate high-quality research, aimed at increasing the eco-efficiency of agriculture and stimulate the development of the specific region.
Network members list and profiles
- Country of registration: ColombiaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
- Country of registration: ChinaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Caspervandertak Consulting (CVDTC) was established in 2004 and has since then been active in climate change mitigation. CVDTC’s main focus is on the development of greenhouse gas emission reduction projects and programs. It manages a substantial range of carbon offset projects such as CDM and VER projects and to date has developed or assisted in the development of more than 160 CDM projects; moreover, it is active in the field of NAMA formulation. In addition, CVDTC helps low carbon technology owners market their technologies, and match potential users with the right technology suppliers.
- Country of registration: JapanRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Industry, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Transport, Waste management, Water
The Overseas Environmental Cooperation Center, Japan (OECC) is a non-governmental organization supported by the Ministry of the Environment of Japan, promoting international cooperation activities related to climate change, global environment conservation, research, capacity building, and support to various non-government related activities.
- Country of registration: United StatesRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Human health, Water
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering is a unit of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The educational and research activities in this department focus on climate and climate change, among other important topics covering the domains of infrastructure and environment.
- Country of registration: AustraliaRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Forestry, Marine and Fisheries, Waste management, Water
- Country of registration: Republic of KoreaRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Energy efficiency
- Country of registration: NetherlandsRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Carbon fixation and abatement, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Energy efficiency, Industry, Transport, Water
- Country of registration: United KingdomRelation to CTCN: Network Member
IEA Greenhouse Gas R&D Programme (IEAGHG) is an international research body established in 1991, evaluating technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the use of fossil fuels, with a focus on carbon dioxide capture and storage (CCS). The wide range of activities undertaken by IEAGHG covers the whole range of issues and topics for the full CCS chain, from capture to storage, including technical and non-technical topics.
- Country of registration:Relation to CTCN: Network Member
OLADE is the political and technical-support organization that contributes to the integration, sustainable development and energy security in the Latin American and Caribbean Region, advising, promoting cooperation and coordinating among its Member Countries.
- Country of registration: Cape VerdeRelation to CTCN: Network Member, TA proponent
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Regional Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE).
- Country of registration: CanadaRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Energy efficiency, Industry, Waste management, Carbon fixation and abatement
Carbon Management Canada, Inc. is an independent, not-for-profit business established in 2009 with the mission to provide solutions for a low carbon world. CMC Inc. advances technologies and insights that would radically reduce carbon emissions from large stationary emitters, with a focus on the fossil energy sector. CMC Research Institutes bridges the gap between early stage research and widespread implementation and commercial adoption. CMC Research Institutes operates through a series of business units, comprising institutes and one unit responsible for programs.
- Country of registration: AustriaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
The Austrian Energy Agency is a research and academic, non-governmental, not for profit organization, established in 1977. The Austrian Energy Agency prepares the ground for decisions in politics, public administration and the industry with detailed research and by highlighting important dependencies and connections between topics. It also provides information for all target groups in our society on the backgrounds and developments in the field of energy production and use.
- Country of registration: PeruRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Consortium for the Sustainable Development of the Andean Eco region (CONDESAN) is a non-governmental not for profit organization established in the year 1993 with the mission to mobilize the wealth of the Andes to overcome poverty and social exclusion. CONDESAN generate and share information and knowledge about the environment and rural Andean societies. It promotes policy dialogue with local stakeholders, national governments and regional bodies and strengthens human and institutional capital to promote the formation of new leaders in the sustainable development of the Andes.
- Country of registration: JapanRelation to CTCN: Network Member
NEDO is a public sector organization established in 1980 with mission to address energy & global environmental problems, and enhancing industrial technology. NEDO aims to address energy problems and raise the level of industrial technology through integrated management of technology development.
- Country of registration: SpainRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Since its inception in 2002, CENER, the National Renewable Energy Centre of Spain, has aimed at a two-fold purpose: to favour the competitiveness level of companies in the renewable energy sector, satisfying their R&D needs, while at the same time, fostering the Technological and Commercial Development of Renewable Energies.
- Country of registration: Costa RicaRelation to CTCN: Network Member, TA proponent
FUNDECOR is a Costa Rican Non-Governmental Organization founded in 1989 through international cooperation. From that moment on, we’ve been fostering a development model in the country´s Central Volcanic Mountain Range Conservation Area that has proven that conservation and economic growth can coexist in harmony.
- Country of registration: FranceRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Forestry, Marine and Fisheries, Water
IRD - Institut de Recherche pour le Développement (Research Institute for Development) - is a research organization based in France that is working with its partners in the South to address international development issues. Improving health, understanding social changes, and protecting the environment are the main pillars of its work towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). IRD work includes interdisciplinary scientific research, capacity building and nurturing innovation in more than fifty countries worldwide.
- Country of registration: ChileRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Instituto de Ecología y Biodiversidad (IEB) is a research institute with rich experience in both terrestrial and marine ecosystems, including forestry, agriculture, water resource and marine biology. In addition to its research activities, the IEB is also active in capacity building and knowledge sharing, through post-graduate education, collaboration with overseas research institutions and private sectors.
- Country of registration: CameroonRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge Partner
ARPEDAC's mission is to advance sustainable energy technologies practice and development in the Central African Region, to help remove the barriers to the research and development currently faced by the industry and to reduce energy poverty and improve the quality of life of those by building capacity and raising awareness on energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies and services and to support exploration of efficient, sustainable, secure and affordable energy technologies and services which are appropriate to meet the needs of businesses, communities and environment of today and
- Country of registration: Republic of KoreaRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Carbon fixation and abatement, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Forestry, Industry, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Waste management, Water
ECO&PARTNERS is a professional group working with sustainable development in South Korea. ECO&PARTNERS provides professional experience to major partners in sustainable management, sustainable finance, emission trading, carbon asset management, commercialization of clean tech, green building, environment and energy projects, environmental liability insurance, and international cooperation. ECO&PARTNERS believes in sophisticated development and enforcement of government policies for realizing the Sustainable Development Goals.