Instituto Venturi Para Estudos Ambientais (IVEA) is a non-governmental not for profit organization with the mission to point towards economically viable solutions to environmental issues in companies, governments and local communities. It undertakes work on technical and scientific studies, research, production of educational materials, consulting and organizing events and workshops on topics related to sustainability.
Network members list and profiles
- Country of registration: BrazilRelation to CTCN: Network Member
- Country of registration: Republic of KoreaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials (KIMM) is a government-funded research institute under the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning of the Republic of Korea. Its chief misison is to accelerate technological advances in mechanical engineering, test and inspect the reliability of materials and mechanical components and systems. Important reserach achievements related to climate technologies include superlow-NOx MILD combustion technology, HCNG engine and low-emission and low-carbon green car technologies.
- Country of registration: United KingdomRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Coastal zones, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Water
Eco is a boutique management consultancy specialized in the design and formulation of climate change mitigation and adaptation projects. Operating since 2000, Eco has worked with a wide range of international clients such as the AfDB, IFC, World Bank, UNDP, UNIDO, EBRD, GIZ and the European Union.
Eco has designed over 250 projects in 82 countries across Africa, Eastern Europe and Asia. We have assessed markets and designed financial, technology and other strategies and then formulated projects.
- Country of registration: South AfricaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
The INR is a non-profit organization that works towards the wise use of natural resources in pursuit of sustainability for the good of the environment and the society, through multidisciplinary applied research. The INR provides strategic and operational support to develop cutting edge solutions that support the resolution of natural resource challenges, in partnership with government, civil society, the private sector and other leading research organizations.
- Country of registration: IndiaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Background & Objective: In order to develop a viable ESCO industry in India, Ministry of Power, Government of India has set up Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), to facilitate implementation of energy efficiency projects. EESL work as ESCO, as Consultancy Organization for CDM, Energy Efficiency, etc.; as a Resource Centre for capacity building of SDAs, Utilities, F.I's etc. EESL will also lead the market-related actions of the NMEEE. It is registered under the companies act 1956.
- Country of registration: NetherlandsRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Ecofys, a Navigant company, is an international energy and climate consultancy focused on sustainable energy for everyone. Founded in 1984, the company is a trusted advisor to governments, corporations, NGOs, and energy providers worldwide. The team delivers powerful results in the energy and climate transition sectors. Working across the entire energy value chain, Ecofys develops innovative solutions and strategies to support its clients in enabling the energy transition and working through the challenges of climate change.
- Country of registration: ItalyRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge Partner
Research and consulting on policy & market uptake actions in sustainable energy, clean tech, agriculture, waste mngt. and environment. Since 2000, wide-ranging technical assistance experience in climate change adaptation & mitigation related services, including: tech. assessments, business coaching, feasibility analysis, policy/market analysis, policy planning, M & E, partnership facilitation, finance structuring, agro-energy value chains, natural resources management, technology transfer.
- Country of registration: NetherlandsRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Coastal zones, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Forestry, Human health, Industry, Transport, Waste management
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago. SNV helps people overcome poverty in 38 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America by enabling access to thetools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services. SNV works in three key sectors - Agriculture, Renewable Energy and WASH - and in the cross cutting themes of lnclusive Business, REDD+ and Climate Smart Agriculture.
- Country of registration: GermanyRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Energy efficiency
Roedl & Partner is a globally active professional services firm with approximately 4,000 employees and physical presence in 78 countries, including developing countries. One focus area of Roedl & Partner is public Management Consulting, which covers the energy sector. Roedl & Partner's interdisciplinary Renewable Energy team offers comprehensive business, legal, regulatory, and management consulting services to renewable energy sector clients worldwide. Roedl & Partner manages the Geothermal Risk Mitigation Fund (East Africa).
- Country of registration: SwedenRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge Partner
Solvatten provides combined portable water treatment and solar water heater system that has been designed for use at the household level in the developing world. It is made of durable plastic materials and requires no batteries, chemicals or spare parts and treats water harnessing the power of the sun. The unit has an average lifespan of 7-10 years. Lasting a childhood, Solvatten tackles health, environment, and savings using green energy.
- Country of registration: GermanyRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Coastal zones, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Human health, Industry, Transport, Waste management
HEAT is a independent consulting company focussed on the development and implementation of projects for climate and ozone protection. HEAT has a focus on technology cooperation, policy advice for climate protection technologies, particular in the areas of energy efficiency, cooling and refrigeration, F-gases, inventories, roadmaps, carrying out technical and economic feasibility studies and capacity building measures such as training and certification. HEAT is also the Coordination Office of the NDE Germany.
- Country of registration: United StatesRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Coastal zones, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Forestry, Transport
Orizon’s mission is to enable new markets and empower leaders to transform local economies through the design of enabling policies and the application of breakthrough technologies promoting market based approaches to low carbon emissions, carbon capture, and sustainable livelihoods. Orizon's team of seasoned experts provide technology solutions, capacity building and advice on policy, legal and regulatory frameworks tailored to the needs of regional, national, and local economies.
- Country of registration: Viet NamRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Institute of Energy is a national focal point in energy and power fields, and the principal consultant in formulation of Vietnam energy & power development strategies, policies and master plans; and a prestigious and leading provider of science & technical services in energy and power sectors in Vietnam. Renewable energy technologies and climate change mitigation are some of the focuses of Institute of Energy's Center for Renewable Energy and Department for Environment and Sustainable Development.
- Country of registration: ZimbabweRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Energy efficiency, Industry, Agriculture, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Water
The SIRDC was established by the Government of Zimbabwe in 1993, under the provisions of the Research Act of 1986. The Centre provides technological expertise in the diverse areas in which Zimbabwe's industrial enterprises operate.
- Country of registration: SpainRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Forestry, Industry, Transport, Waste management
Perspectives Climate Change offers high quality, comprehensive and tailor-made solutions for international climate policy and carbon market activities. Perspectives Climate Change consults the private sector as well as governments and non-governmental organisations, and seeks to maximize economic opportunities within the existing climate policy system, contributing to the enhancement of the international climate regime.
- Country of registration: KenyaRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge Partner
Carbon Africa’s mission is to catalyze climate action in Africa by providing policy, programme and project advisory services to public and private actors, with a focus on making things happen on the ground. The company offers services in project development, access to climate finance and impact monitoring, underpinned by efforts to support the enabling environment and build capacity. Carbon Africa is headquartered in Kenya with representation in Ethiopia, Mozambique and Rwanda.
- Country of registration: Viet NamRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Established in 1998, the Centre for Energy and Green Growth Research (CEGR, formerly the Research Centre for Energy and Environment) is a not-for-profit research and consulting organization and a non-governmental member of Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations (VUSTA). The Centre would serve as a kernel for collaboration in technology transfer and application penetration in Vietnam, in the field of energy, environment and socio-economic towarding sustainable development.
- Country of registration: AustriaRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge Partner
REEEP serves as a funder, information provider and connector for up-scaling clean energy business models in developing countries and emerging markets. REEEP's International Secretariat is based in Vienna, Austria, with Regional Secretariats in East Asia, Latin America, Caribbean, South Asia and Southern Africa and a West Africa focal point.
- Country of registration: AustriaRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Coastal zones, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Forestry, Human health, Industry, Transport, Waste management, Water
The Private Financing Advisory Network (PFAN) is a global network of climate and clean energy financing experts that aims to bridge the gap between entrepreneurs developing climate and clean energy projects and private sector investors to mobilize private financing. PFAN achieves this by originating technically and commercially viable clean energy and climate adaptation projects, nurturing their development through coaching provided by its network of in-country financing advisors and technical experts and then facilitating investment through its global investor network.
- Country of registration: KenyaRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Industry, Waste management
The Kenya CIC is an initiative supported by the World Bank’s infoDey to support a greater climate resiliency in East Africa. KCIC offers incubation, capacity building and financing services to Kenyan entrepreneurs who are active in developing innovative solutions in energy, water and agribusiness to help mitigate climate change.