Environmental conservation, climate change mitigation and adaptation, and improving livelihoods of the most vulnerable people are the main focus areas of GERES. GERES is particularly involved in the implementation of engineering solutions for development and providing specific technical expertise. Energy efficiency programs, renewable energies and and local economic development are the main objectives of GERES.
Network members list and profiles
- Country of registration: FranceRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Agriculture and forestry, Coastal zones, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Forestry
- Relation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry
Institute for Agricultural Environment (IAE) is a Research and academic institution with the mission to propose plans, programs and projects for scientific research and technological transfer in agriculture and fisheries, water and irrigation and forestry sectors especially in rural areas with the focus on serving for agricultural development.
- Relation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Infrastructure and Urban planning
Van Phu Consultants JSC is a consulting firm specializing in Civil and Industrial Construction Design, Master Plan for Construction Engineering; Land-use Rights; Socio-Economic Development; Agriculture and Forestry Development, Society, Environment, Ethnic Minorities, Resettlement and Public Counselling; Forestry and Natural Resources Assessment, Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Education Services and Technology Transfer, Project Management, Ground Levelling and Water Sewage.
- Relation to CTCN: Network Member
Energy Conservation Research and Development Center (ENERTEAM) is an independent energy sustainability consulting firm actively engaged in the fields of energy and resource productivity. Established in 1995, ENERTEAM provides professional advisory services with focus on four key areas: energy conservation and efficiency, cleaner production and resource management, clean and renewables sources of energy, environment and climate protection.
- Country of registration: IndiaRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Coastal zones, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Marine and Fisheries, Water
NERCI, a non-profit research centre was established in 1999 to conduct basic and applied research in ocean and atmospheric sciences and coastal zone management. Its vision is to improve our understanding of climate change, its impact on the monsoon and ocean circulation and ecosystems in the Indian Ocean using in situ observations, satellite data and numerical ocean and climate models.
- Country of registration: RomaniaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
The NCSPC is an NGO established with the aim to promote eco-efficiency in particular RECP. As a singular initiative of its kind in Romania, NCSPC is gaining importance due to its active implication in promotion, capacity building and provision of technical support to industries and due to its contributions to the emerging policies and initiatives. The main areas of activities are eco-innovation, resource efficiency and cleaner production, sustainable energy action plans for cities.
- Country of registration: ChinaRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge Partner
China National Cleaner Production Center (CNCPC) was established in 1994, mainly focusing on Cleaner Production Strategy, namely, transformation to pollution prevention strategy. It conducted a series of activities in CP (Cleaner Production) area, serving for energy conservation and pollution reduction. It is committed to reduce pollution including the GHG emission and enhance resources efficiency in China in industry sector, agriculture sector and service sector.
- Country of registration: MexicoRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Renewable energy
SUNCURRENT SA de CV develops complete projects, installs, operates, maintains and creates capacities and supplies equipment related to the use of biogas, geomembranes and hydraulic equipment. SUNCURRENT SA de CV's objectices are project development and supply of equipment related to the use of renewable energy and specific biogas projects related to urban solid residuals.
- Country of registration: PanamaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
The Water Center for the Humid Tropics of Latin America and the Caribbean (CATHALAC), established in 1992, is an international, intergovermental and autonomous organization with the purpose to promote sustainable development through applied scientific research and development; education and technology transfer in the area of water resources and the environment, to facilitate the means to improve the quality of life in the countries of the humid tropics of Latin America.
- Country of registration: IndiaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
NPC is a national level organization with a mission to promote a culture of productivity in India under the Ministry of Industry, Government of India. It was established in 1958 as an autonomous, multipartite, non-profit organization with equal representation from employers’ & workers’ organizations and the Government, apart from technical & professional institutions and other interests. NPC is a constituent of the Tokyo-based Asian Productivity Organization (APO), an Inter Governmental Body, of the Government of India.
- Country of registration: Republic of KoreaRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Industry, Waste management
Korea Research Institute of Chemical technology (KRICT) is a research and Development, Public Sector institute established in 1976. It focuses on the development of world-class key technologies to contribute to the national economy and to bring happiness for nation people.
- Country of registration: GuineaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Carbon Guinea is a non-governmental organization established in year 2008 with a mission to promote actions for a world without violence in a diverse environment within the African society to improve the living conditions of the population. The focus areas of their activities are Environmental Education, Natural Resource Management and Habitat, Climate change, Capacity Building of Community Based Organizations, Local Authorities and Access to Water, Hygiene and Sanitation, Health and Education.
- Country of registration: United KingdomRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Energy efficiency, Industry, Waste management, Carbon fixation and abatement
Carbon Counts is a private sector organization established in 2008. It is an independent consultancy providing a range of advice in the field of climate change. It has a focus on international climate change policy, in particular technology development, deployment, financing and regulation.
- Country of registration: FinlandRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Renewable energy, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Transport, Waste management, Water
Solved is a cleantech advisory service and collaboration platform. Solved tackles the world's environmental challenges, and lets you easily cooperate with the best cleantech experts. Solved brings together the leading experts, environmental challenges and new ways of working in order to co-create appealing solutions.
- Country of registration: DenmarkRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Forestry, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Transport
Ramboll is an engineering, design and consultancy company employing 13,000 experts worldwide. Ramboll provides services across de following sectors: energy, water, environment, health, buildings, transport, and management consulting etc. Ramboll's multidisciplinary approach allows them to provide best available solutions in mitigation and adaptation technologies, and their worldwide presence and expertise facilitates the transfer of technology to developing countries.
- Country of registration: South AfricaRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Industry, Transport, Waste management, Water
EcoMetrix Africa is a South African greenhouse gas management consultancy assisting organisations in greenhouse gas emissions inventories, defining mitigation strategies and developing renewable energy and energy efficiency projects. Moreover, they advise organisations in determining how to respond to the changing regulatory landscape as for example the carbon tax and the national energy efficiency strategy.
- Country of registration: ColombiaRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Carbon fixation and abatement, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Industry
CAIA Ingeniería S.A.S was registered in 2005 with the purpose of improving the environmental performance of its clients. Initially dedicated exclusively to consultancy and assessment, CAIA has evolved to incorporate more complete services, such as management of tax incentives and execution of energy efficiency projects to companies and national and sub-national decision-makers in Colombia.
- Country of registration: GermanyRelation to CTCN: Network Member
AD Solutions is a German based private sector organization providing consultancy, engineering and other services in the Biogas field and Waste Water Treatment. The company’s know-how covers all aspects of biogas applications, from pre-feasibility studies to start-up and capacity building, including project development, design and implementation.
- Country of registration: South AfricaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
The Energy Research Centre is a research and academic type of institution established in 1989. The institution provides thought leadership and research on key issues related to climate change mitigation in developing countries under the following key focal areas: Energy- Environment and Climate Change, Energy- Poverty and Development, Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency, and Energy Systems Analysis & Planning.
- Country of registration: GermanyRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems ISE is a research and development organization established in 2009. The Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems ISE is committed to promoting sustainable, economic, safe and socially just energy supply systems based on renewable energies. Its research provides the technological foundations for supplying energy efficiently and on an environmentally sound basis in industrialized, threshold and developing countries throughout the world.