International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources IUCN's mission is to influence, encourage and assist societies throughout the world to conserve the integrity and diversity of nature and to ensure that any use of natural resources is equitable and ecologically sustainable.
Network members list and profiles
- Country of registration: SwitzerlandRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Coastal zones, Forestry, Infrastructure and Urban planning
- Relation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Renewable energy, Forestry, Human health, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Transport, Water
Founded in 1989, Le Groupe-conseil baastel (BAASTEL) has the mission of contributing to sustainable development. Baastel aims to strengthen the coherence of development issues for a multitude of actors and to improve the effectiveness of development aid in general. Baastel works in sectors that are distinct but complimentary in terms of sustainable development, notably in Environment, Disaster Risk Management (DRM) and Reduction (DRR), and Social Development. In addition, Baastel offers trainings in Result-Based Management (RBM) and language services.
- Country of registration: NetherlandsRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge Partner
Partners for Innovation (PfI) is a consultancy firm specialized in initiating, preparing, supporting and implementing projects and programs in the fields of climate change & renewable energy, profitable & responsible biomass, agroforestry, farmer entrepreneurship and sustainable product development. PfI works throughout Europe and Africa, and has offices in Amsterdam (NL) and Niamey (Niger).
- Relation to CTCN: Network Member
Korea Forestry Promotion Institute (KoFPI) is a public sector institution formed by Korea Forest Service to promote forestry technologies and to create the global forestry value for combating climate change. Especially, KoFPI has professional experiences on REDD+ (Reducing Emission Deforestation and Degradation) in Myanmar and Lao PDR, and has been conducting the Trial Biomass Plantation project in Indonesia. KoFPI has developed green ODA (Official Development Aids) projects and run capacity building programs for public officers in developing countries.
- Country of registration: SwitzerlandRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge Partner
The Basel Agency for Sustainable Energy (BASE) is a Swiss Foundation and Specialised Partner of United Nations Environment. BASE develops innovative ideas and tailored market-driven solutions to drive investment in sustainable energy and to meet the challenge of climate change.
BASE has implemented projects incorporating locally appropriate climate technologies in North and South America, Africa, Asia and Europe.
- Country of registration: ArgentinaRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge Partner
Black Soil is an innovative agtech company providing a service that combines starter irrigation and liquid fertilizing at the time of sowing. Its solutions have been tested at commercial scale in a variety of climate conditions for a broad range of crops. Blacksoil's services ensure stronger root and drought resilient plant development and hence support increased food safety and security as well as climate-resilient and ecosystem-efficient sowing. Blacksoil works with governments and private farmers directly.
- Country of registration: ChinaRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Energy efficiency
The Global Efficient Lighting Centre (GELC) – UNEP Collaborating Centre for Energy Efficient Lighting was launched in partnership between the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) and the National Lighting Test Centre (NLTC) in 2011. GELC is a non-profit organization running as an independent third party. It is a specialized and accredited facility that provides lighting testing, training, quality control, capacity building, and standard development advice support to the developing and emerging countries.
- Country of registration: United StatesRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Agriculture and forestry, Carbon fixation and abatement, Coastal zones, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Forestry
Woods Hole Research Center (WHRC) is an independent research institute founded in 1985 where scientists investigate the causes and effects of climate change in order to identify and implement opportunities for conservation, restoration and economic development around the world. WHRC collaborates with colleagues from many countries around the world in order to prevent and reverse deforestation and apply remote sensing and other advanced analytical methods to measure progress towards these goals.
- Country of registration: CameroonRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Coastal zones, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Waste management, Carbon fixation and abatement
S2 Services Sarl serves as a north-south and south-south bridge by creating and developing a cooperation platform between different parties and stakeholders. Main activities of S2 Services Sarl are consulting, capacity building and project development in the following fields: climate change, renewable rnergy and energy efficiency, policy development, green buildings, sustainable development, CSR, CDM, NAMA, Gold Standard, INDC, MRV and LEDS among others.
- Relation to CTCN: Network Member
Solar for Life (SFL) is a not for-profit organization that provides access to clean and affordable energy to developing communities. Through its network of partners, SFL distributes solar lights to reduce kerosene dependency in off-grid areas. Solar for Life functions on three pillars:
1.Micro-impact solar light donations
2. Developmental research
3. Sustainable entrepreneurship education and programmin
- Relation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Energy efficiency
KEPCO was founded by the Korea Electric Power Corporation Act with the purpose of developing energy, stability of power demand and supply and contribution to the development of the national economy.
- Country of registration: ChileRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Centro Mario Molina, Chile (CMMCh)'s mission is to build the capabilities to face air pollution problems and climate change in South America. CMMCh has the vision to be a Center for Development and Research for promoting cutting-edge research in association with prestigious entities.
- Country of registration: BelgiumRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Agriculture and forestry, Coastal zones, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Energy efficiency, Forestry, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Water
Agriconsulting Europe SA - AESA is a renowned European consulting firm offering worldwide high-quality technical assistance and management services to Governments, Ministries, International Organisations and private clients in the field of international development.
- Relation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Agriculture and forestry, Carbon fixation and abatement, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Industry, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Transport, Waste management, Water
Science and Technology Policy Institute have served as a top think tank in science and technology. Ranked top 16 in the 2015 Global Think Tank Rankings, STEPI guides the development of the national policy agenda and leads foresight research in Korea. STEPI has been designated as the implementing agency for science, technology, and innovation ODA by the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning.
- Country of registration: SpainRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Forestry, Industry, Transport
BlacktoGreen provides companies and public bodies with cutting-edge services in energy, environment and sustainability to help them perform in a more efficient and sustainable manner. With a solid technological background, BlacktoGreen enlightens the trail in order to stimulate a quick and ordered transition to a more sustainable energy system. BlacktoGreen has offices in both Mexico and Spain.
- Country of registration: IndiaRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Human health, Industry, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Transport
In India, PwC is the oldest and largest professional services firm, with a presence of over 130 years. The Government Reforms and Infrastructure Development (GRID) is the strategic business unit (SBU) of PwC India which advices Governments and Private sector clients on issues like policy, regulation, reforms & restructuring in the energy sector as well as on SEZs, energy efficiency in municipalities, utilities, industries Urban planning and other infrastructure & development areas.
- Country of registration: Viet NamRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Industry, Waste management
FORMTEXT Center for Creativity and Sustainability Study and Consultancy (CCS) is an NGO founded in 2013 and based in Hanoi, Vietnam. Its mission is to promote sustainable consumption and Production in Vietnam by applying creative methods, solutions and development models. CCS specializes in R&D, lab and field testing, technology transfer, capacity building, consultancy and policy advisory on clean and renewable energy solutions, sustainable product design, and organic zero-waste agriculture.
- Country of registration: KazakhstanRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Industry
Coalition for green economy and development “G-Global” was based in 2013, the main mission of this coalition is to provide the passing to “green economy”. “G-global” aims to find the substitution of burning fossil fuels on alternative energy sources. Every year the population’s demand is increasing, thus it leads to air contamination .Moreover, “G-Global” develops the production of organic food. In December 2015 coalition became the owner of the eco-mark “organic KZ”. Coalition provides the transfer of organic food to local markets located in Astana.
- Relation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Coastal zones, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Forestry, Human health, Water, Carbon fixation and abatement
DE is a design and environmental consultancy and technology company based in Vancouver and Montreal. The mission of DE is to solve problems using design and environmental science. We have worked throughout the Caribbean, Central America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Our team has deep scientific and technical skills in the area of environmental analysis, impact assessment, and data integration. Over the past 5 years we have worked with groups such as the IADB, IICA, the GEF, and UN, on various climate change mandates.
- Country of registration: NigeriaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
The National Horticultural Research Institute (NIHORT) was first established as the National Fruit and Vegetable Research and Development Centre (NFVRDC) with the assistance of UNDP/FAO Project NIR/72/007. By the Federal Government Agricultural Research Institutes Establishment Decree Order No. 35 of June 1975, the Centre metamorphosed into the National Horticultural Research Institute (NIHORT) along with other Agricultural Research Institutes. The Institute is under the coordination of the Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (ARCN).