International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD) at the Independent University, Bangladesh conducts research, builds capacity on climate change and fosters the growth of networks in Bangladesh and globally. ICCCAD's vision is to gain and distribute knowledge on climate change, specifically adaptation, helping people to adapt to climate change with a focus on the global South. ICCCAD’s work is closely related to local experience, knowledge and research, and it allows international participants to gain direct knowledge in a real-world context.
Network members list and profiles
- Country of registration: BangladeshRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Coastal zones, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Water
- Country of registration: United StatesRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Carbon fixation and abatement, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Forestry, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Transport
GHGMI educates professionals on GHG accounting, auditing and management; trains professionals to meet the highest standards of expertise and ethical conduct; and conducts forward-looking research into critical GHG measurement, reporting, and verification (MRV) issues. GHGMI offers online courses, as well as workshops, courses and institutional academic partnerships. GHGMI's programing equips learners in all countries with the knowledge to succeed in reporting under the Paris Agreement.
- Country of registration: NorwayRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Carbon fixation and abatement, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Transport, Waste management, Water
Carbon Limits (CL) consists of a highly experienced team of technical experts, economists and project managers with deep sector insight into climate change and energy sector development, combined with local know-how and networks within the company’s geographical target areas. CLs services cover three broad categories:
- Emission reduction project development through transfer of technology and know-how
- Consultancy and technical assistance
- Capacity building and training.
- Country of registration: SwitzerlandRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Forestry, Industry, Transport, Waste management, Water
South Pole is a leading provider of global sustainability services, with more than 300 experts in over 18 offices worldwide. For more than a decade, South Pole has worked with a wide range of public, private and civil sector organisations to accelerate the transition to a climate-smart society. South Pole has mobilised climate finance to over 700 projects in the areas of emission reductions, renewable energy, energy efficiency and sustainable land-use.
- Relation to CTCN: Network Member
Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute (KAERI) was established in 1959.
- Country of registration: United KingdomRelation to CTCN: Network Member
BRE is a multi-disciplinary, building science centre with a mission to improve buildings through research and knowledge generation. BRE is owned by a charity - the BRE Trust - which is a major funder of built environment education & research.
BRE is active in: environmental impact of construction; sustainability; energy policy development & implementation; product testing & certification; energy efficiency and renewable energy in buildings; building performance; construction quality; prevention & control of fire; risk science and crime & security.
- Country of registration: SwitzerlandRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Coastal zones, Forestry, Infrastructure and Urban planning
International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources IUCN's mission is to influence, encourage and assist societies throughout the world to conserve the integrity and diversity of nature and to ensure that any use of natural resources is equitable and ecologically sustainable.
- Country of registration: CanadaRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Renewable energy, Forestry, Human health, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Transport, Water
Founded in 1989, Le Groupe-conseil baastel (BAASTEL) has the mission of contributing to sustainable development. Baastel aims to strengthen the coherence of development issues for a multitude of actors and to improve the effectiveness of development aid in general. Baastel works in sectors that are distinct but complimentary in terms of sustainable development, notably in Environment, Disaster Risk Management (DRM) and Reduction (DRR), and Social Development. In addition, Baastel offers trainings in Result-Based Management (RBM) and language services.
- Country of registration: NetherlandsRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge Partner
Partners for Innovation (PfI) is a consultancy firm specialized in initiating, preparing, supporting and implementing projects and programs in the fields of climate change & renewable energy, profitable & responsible biomass, agroforestry, farmer entrepreneurship and sustainable product development. PfI works throughout Europe and Africa, and has offices in Amsterdam (NL) and Niamey (Niger).
- Relation to CTCN: Network Member
Korea Forestry Promotion Institute (KoFPI) is a public sector institution formed by Korea Forest Service to promote forestry technologies and to create the global forestry value for combating climate change. Especially, KoFPI has professional experiences on REDD+ (Reducing Emission Deforestation and Degradation) in Myanmar and Lao PDR, and has been conducting the Trial Biomass Plantation project in Indonesia. KoFPI has developed green ODA (Official Development Aids) projects and run capacity building programs for public officers in developing countries.
- Country of registration: GermanyRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Mobisol delivers a clean, affordable alternative to fossil fuels for low-income households living without reliable access to energy. The Berlin-based company combines solar energy with mobile technology, microfinance and comprehensive customer service to provide high-tech solar home systems (SHS's) powerful enough to electrify whole households and small businesses in developing nations. Using mobile banking services the cost can be paid off conveniently via mobile phone in a 36-month instalment plan.
- Country of registration: ChinaRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge Partner
China National Cleaner Production Center (CNCPC) was established in 1994, mainly focusing on Cleaner Production Strategy, namely, transformation to pollution prevention strategy. It conducted a series of activities in CP (Cleaner Production) area, serving for energy conservation and pollution reduction. It is committed to reduce pollution including the GHG emission and enhance resources efficiency in China in industry sector, agriculture sector and service sector.
- Country of registration: MexicoRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Renewable energy
SUNCURRENT SA de CV develops complete projects, installs, operates, maintains and creates capacities and supplies equipment related to the use of biogas, geomembranes and hydraulic equipment. SUNCURRENT SA de CV's objectices are project development and supply of equipment related to the use of renewable energy and specific biogas projects related to urban solid residuals.
- Country of registration: SpainRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Industry, Carbon fixation and abatement
Gas Natural Fenosa (GNFe) is an energy consulting firm, fully-owned by GNF Group, a leading multinational in the energy sector. GNFe's mission is the performance of engineering energy projects, with special focus in the innovation through renewable energies, natural gas, energy efficiency and environmental & social management under the framework of sustainable development. GNFe also provides technical assistance and capacity building to governments, private investors and multilateral institutions.
- Country of registration: PanamaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
The Water Center for the Humid Tropics of Latin America and the Caribbean (CATHALAC), established in 1992, is an international, intergovermental and autonomous organization with the purpose to promote sustainable development through applied scientific research and development; education and technology transfer in the area of water resources and the environment, to facilitate the means to improve the quality of life in the countries of the humid tropics of Latin America.
- Country of registration: IndiaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
NPC is a national level organization with a mission to promote a culture of productivity in India under the Ministry of Industry, Government of India. It was established in 1958 as an autonomous, multipartite, non-profit organization with equal representation from employers’ & workers’ organizations and the Government, apart from technical & professional institutions and other interests. NPC is a constituent of the Tokyo-based Asian Productivity Organization (APO), an Inter Governmental Body, of the Government of India.
- Country of registration: NetherlandsRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Adverio is a network company specialised in Engineering, Procurement & Construction Management (EPCM) of bio-based product and energy production facilities (Waste to Energy and Waste to Raw Material). Rooted in project development, design, engineering, construction and project management, Adverio offers leading edge know-how and skills to customers throughout the world.
- Relation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Marine and Fisheries, Waste management, Water
The Green Technology Center (GTC) is a government affiliated research institute under the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning (MSIP) that provides national green technology R&D policies and coordinates related domestic/international organizations to support sustainable development of other countries based on green/climate change technologies. GTC serves as Korea’s gateway for global green technology cooperation, as it connects developed and developing countries for growth and diffusion of green technology and strategies.
- Country of registration: CubaRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Cross-sectoral
- Country of registration: United KingdomRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Marine and Fisheries, Waste management