FOKABS’ mission is to contribute towards climate-resilient and low-carbon development solutions. The company provides advisory services on climate change, especially in developing countries. FOKABS offers services in capacity building, project development, climate finance and international negotiations in the areas of nationally determined contributions (NDC), national adaptation plans (NAP), reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD+), CDM, and NAMA.
Network members list and profiles
- Country of registration: CanadaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
- Country of registration: SpainRelation to CTCN: Network Member
The Centre for Energy, Environment and Technology Research (Centro de Investigaciones Energéticas, Medioambientales y Tecnológicas - CIEMAT) is a public research organization focused on energy and environment and the technologies related to them. The CIEMAT main lines of action are the study, development, promotion and optimization of various sources as renewable energies, study of their impact on the environment, development of new technologies; not forgetting areas of basic research such as high-energy physics and molecular and cellular biology.
- Country of registration: FranceRelation to CTCN: Network Member
3Wayste® is an innovative, patented waste management system capable of treating 100 per cent of municipal solid waste (MSW) while profitably revalorizing more than 90 per cent for clean energy fuel, pure compost and raw materials. The unprecedented level of revalorization means less landfills, less incinerators and less greenhouse gas emissions.
- Country of registration: NicaraguaRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge Partner
Nitlapan UCA's mission is to promote models of inclusive development by non-financial services and interventions in the value chain and better governance of land and natural resources. Nitlapan UCA has expertise in the combination of innovation processes, research, academic and vocational training. Nitlapan UCA contributes to overcoming poverty, marginalization and social exclusion through critical and own thinking on development processes.
- Country of registration: IranRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Early warning and Environmental assessment
Khavaran Institute of Higher Education (KHI) is a non-governmental newly established tertiary education (10 years). The number of students in KHI exceeds 3500 out of which more than 3000 study in under-graduate and about 500 students at the post graduate levels. The fields of specialties conducted in KHI are technical and engineering. The KHI has its own research plan where all thesis and researches must comply with KHI plan. The main goal of this plan is environmental issues.
- Country of registration: FranceRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Created in 2004, ALTEREA is a fast-growing energy-savings company of 100 experts specialized in improving the energy performance, the architectural quality and the exploitation of buildings. ALTEREA’s expertise consists in forming a comprehensive suite of energy-management services, retrofits and deep renovations to help its clients to reduce their energy consumption, greenhouse gases emissions, etc.
- Country of registration: PakistanRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Coastal zones, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Water
LEAD Pakistan is a premier and an internationally recognized non‐profit organization, working to create and sustain a global network of leaders committed to promote change towards patterns of economic development that are environmentally sustainable and socially equitable. LEAD Pakistan’s mission is to create, strengthen and support networks of people and institutions.
- Country of registration: IndiaRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Early warning and Environmental assessment, Human health, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Water
Taru Leading Edge is one of South Asia’s most experienced disaster management agencies, having undertaken multiple assessment, appraisal, design, implementation and monitoring assignments across the risk and vulnerability, urban and rural development.
- Country of registration: Republic of KoreaRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Renewable energy
Byucksan Power fulfills market needs through feasibility studies and consulting services in Korea and abroad.
Byucksan Power has expertise in:
- Power systems: ecofriendly transmission and distribution lines, substations
- ESCO & Renewable energy - energy saving company: solar, wind, wave power
- Power IT: Smart grids, ESS and EMS
- Country of registration: United StatesRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Coastal zones, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Infrastructure and Urban planning
Bishop Land Design (BLD) is a collaborative studio founded on the principle of solving environmental and ecological issues through the study of human ecology. As human ecologists the research of BLD focuses on the interaction of our species with the environment by finding ways to increase productive and hybridized living systems to create positive gain.
- Country of registration: AustriaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Energy Changes´ (EC) business activities solely focus on GHG mitigation activities applying renewable energies and energy efficiency measures. EC identifies, evaluates and develops renewable energy/ energy efficiency and GHG mitigation projects. EC’s staff includes engineers, scientists, economists and business experts with many years of experience in sustainable energy, resource management and GHG mitigation. EC was founded in 2006 and has currently 15 employees and an annual turnover of approx. 2 million EUR.
- Country of registration: Republic of KoreaRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge Partner
Green Asia Network (GAN) is an international non-governmental organization that seeks to bring people together to lead sustainable lives in harmony with nature. To achieve this, GAN developed the Sustainable Regional Development Model, which focuses on sustainable land management, local self-sufficiency, and community empowerment. GAN works with local communities and deploys technical expertise in agroforestry, land management, renewable energy, and community development to mitigate and adapt to climate change.
- Country of registration: ArgentinaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
A successful environmental management depends on adequate incorporation of technologies, proper impact assessment and ongoing training of human resources. Centro de Investigaciones del Mar y la Atmósfera (CIMA) conducts climate related research and generates climate information to underpin the development of mitigation and adaptation strategies at national and international levels. CIMA has a team of Experts recognized by scientific excellence and a Department of Innovation and Technology that successfully engage with both private and public sectors.
- Country of registration: BelgiumRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Carbon fixation and abatement, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Infrastructure and Urban planning
Climate change, food security, resource scarcity, sustainable energy, ageing population… VITO’s research agenda focuses on the major societal challenges we are facing today. The fields of expertise of VITO initiate a societal transition. That is why VITO combines sustainability and transition throughout its research programs, and is committed to maximize the valorization of VITO’s research results.
- Country of registration: ItalyRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Coastal zones, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Water
Fondazione Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti (CMCC) mission is to investigate and model our climate system and its interactions with society to provide reliable, rigorous and timely scientific results which will in turn stimulate sustainable growth, protect the environment and develop science driven adaptation and mitigation policies in a changing climate. CMCC provides full analyses of climate impacts on various systems such as agriculture, ecosystems, coasts, water resources, health, economics.
- Country of registration: SpainRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Forestry, Industry, Transport, Waste management
Factor is an international organization specialized in providing global, innovative and sustainable solutions in areas such as climate change, carbon markets, energy, green growth and sustainability. Established in March 2004, Factor is already present in 6 countries and 4 continents with 7 offices providing solutions to over 380 clients in 30 countries, having developed more than 1100 projects.
Factor is globally recognized:
- For being a referent in climate change related areas and climate resilient development;
- Country of registration: Viet NamRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Energy and Environment Consultancy Joint Stock Company (VNEEC) combines high-quality economic and engineering expertise to support clients in developing Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) projects under the Kyoto Protocol and studying New Market Mechanisms under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and conducting other environment-related services, such as environmental capacity building, studies and surveys related to renewable energy, climate change and ozone- layer protection in Vietnam.
- Country of registration: IndiaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Shree Cement (SCL) is one of the leading Indian cement companies and has made a remarkable presence in national cement industry through its sustainable growth philosophies. Approach for transforming risk into opportunities has bestowed it with many low hanging fruits. SCL is having presence in the cement and power sector. It is the largest cement producer in North India and among top five cement groups in the country.
- Country of registration: CanadaRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Transport
CPCS Transcom Limited (CTL) is a management consulting firm providing high value-added power sector advisory services to meet the needs of clients by developing structures that meet public objectives while ensuring bankable projects for investors and operators. CTL's projects typically include:
• Restructuring and Regulatory Framework;
• Transaction Advisory;
• Project Development including feasibility studies;
• Institutional Analysis – Business and Strategic Planning;
• Due Diligence and Market Studies; and
- Country of registration: BangladeshRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Coastal zones, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Water
International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD) at the Independent University, Bangladesh conducts research, builds capacity on climate change and fosters the growth of networks in Bangladesh and globally. ICCCAD's vision is to gain and distribute knowledge on climate change, specifically adaptation, helping people to adapt to climate change with a focus on the global South. ICCCAD’s work is closely related to local experience, knowledge and research, and it allows international participants to gain direct knowledge in a real-world context.