BlacktoGreen provides companies and public bodies with cutting-edge services in energy, environment and sustainability to help them perform in a more efficient and sustainable manner. With a solid technological background, BlacktoGreen enlightens the trail in order to stimulate a quick and ordered transition to a more sustainable energy system. BlacktoGreen has offices in both Mexico and Spain.
Network members list and profiles
- Country of registration: SpainRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Forestry, Industry, Transport
- Country of registration: IndiaRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Human health, Industry, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Transport
In India, PwC is the oldest and largest professional services firm, with a presence of over 130 years. The Government Reforms and Infrastructure Development (GRID) is the strategic business unit (SBU) of PwC India which advices Governments and Private sector clients on issues like policy, regulation, reforms & restructuring in the energy sector as well as on SEZs, energy efficiency in municipalities, utilities, industries Urban planning and other infrastructure & development areas.
- Country of registration: Viet NamRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Industry, Waste management
FORMTEXT Center for Creativity and Sustainability Study and Consultancy (CCS) is an NGO founded in 2013 and based in Hanoi, Vietnam. Its mission is to promote sustainable consumption and Production in Vietnam by applying creative methods, solutions and development models. CCS specializes in R&D, lab and field testing, technology transfer, capacity building, consultancy and policy advisory on clean and renewable energy solutions, sustainable product design, and organic zero-waste agriculture.
- Country of registration: KazakhstanRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Industry
Coalition for green economy and development “G-Global” was based in 2013, the main mission of this coalition is to provide the passing to “green economy”. “G-global” aims to find the substitution of burning fossil fuels on alternative energy sources. Every year the population’s demand is increasing, thus it leads to air contamination .Moreover, “G-Global” develops the production of organic food. In December 2015 coalition became the owner of the eco-mark “organic KZ”. Coalition provides the transfer of organic food to local markets located in Astana.
- Country of registration: CanadaRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Coastal zones, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Forestry, Human health, Water, Carbon fixation and abatement
DE is a design and environmental consultancy and technology company based in Vancouver and Montreal. The mission of DE is to solve problems using design and environmental science. We have worked throughout the Caribbean, Central America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Our team has deep scientific and technical skills in the area of environmental analysis, impact assessment, and data integration. Over the past 5 years we have worked with groups such as the IADB, IICA, the GEF, and UN, on various climate change mandates.
- Country of registration: NigeriaRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Agriculture and forestry
The National Horticultural Research Institute (NIHORT) was first established as the National Fruit and Vegetable Research and Development Centre (NFVRDC) with the assistance of UNDP/FAO Project NIR/72/007. By the Federal Government Agricultural Research Institutes Establishment Decree Order No. 35 of June 1975, the Centre metamorphosed into the National Horticultural Research Institute (NIHORT) along with other Agricultural Research Institutes. The Institute is under the coordination of the Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (ARCN).
- Country of registration: South AfricaRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Agriculture and forestry, Industry, Water
Pegasys Institute is not-for-profit organisation that does research, advocacy, policy and strategy development in the areas of low carbon energy, water, and climate change adaptation, with a strong focus on gender equality and poverty eradication. Pegasys Institute works in Sub-Saharan Africa, with a particular focus on southern and eastern Africa. Pegasys Institute aims at practical solutions that work optimally within the context of financial and technical resource constraints of African countries.
- Country of registration: KenyaRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Water
EED Advisory Limited is an interdisciplinary consultancy firm with service offerings in the energy and environment space delivered through four practice lines: (i) sustainable energy, (ii) climate change, (iii) natural resource management and (iv) commercial project development. EED Advisory Limited operates through staff located in Nairobi and partners across the globe.
- Country of registration: BrazilRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Coastal zones, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Forestry, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Transport, Waste management, Water
Fundação Brasileira para o DesenvolvimentobSustentável (FBDS) is a not for-profit organization differentiated by its network with the scientific community, international finance agencies and national corporations. It is an organization that structures projects and partnerships on the subject of sustainable development and climate change integrating the forefront of know-how with management capacity.
- Relation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Early warning and Environmental assessment
Since its establishment in 1974, Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute (KASI) has endeavored to expand the human knowledge on the universe by building high-tech infrastructure to better perform pure fundamental science research on the universe including the earth and solar system, and carrying out public research to ensure rediness to global disasters and risks such as solar flare explosions etc.
- Relation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Coastal zones, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Water
GIST was established in 1993 by the Korean government as a research-oriented graduate school to train highly qualified scientists and engineers and to foster scientific and technological achievements. In 2010, GIST established GIST College to create a liberal arts based science curriculum for undergraduates. The strong research capability of GIST was reflected by the 2015/2016 QS World University Rankings when GIST was ranked number 2 in the world for citations per faculty.
- Country of registration: IndiaRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Industry, Waste management, Water
SBA Enviro Systems Private Limited is a multidisciplinary techno-commercial consulting and environmental engineering organisation specializing in air pollution, waste water treatment and water management including environmental assessment, detailed project reporting, design and engineering, commissioning, training and capacity building. Other technical services include environmental services, pollution control, O&M services, renewable energy projects and equipments.
- Relation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Agriculture and forestry, Waste management, Water
Korea Technology Finance Corporation (KOTEC) is a quasi-govermental institution providing guarantees based on technology appraisal to SMEs that are technologically competent but lack collateral. Vitalization of technology financing is KOTEC's mission and it focusses on three areas: finance, technology appraisal & transfer. With the expertise in technology financing, KOTEC has facilitated the access to finance for climate change SMEs and the diffusion of green technologies to developing countries.
- Country of registration: KazakhstanRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Transport, Waste management, Water
LLP "Green Academy" Scientific Research and Education Center is the first green think tank center on the post Soviet area, which was established in 2013 with the main objective to support Kazakhstan’s transition to green economy by providing analytical and informational support, promoting awareness-raising and conducting research.
- Relation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Coastal zones, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Human health, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Marine and Fisheries, Water
The Korea Environment Institute (KEI) is a government affiliated research institute that is under the Cabinet Coordination Office. The KEI was established in 1992 to contribute to preventing and solving environmental problems including climate change through environmental policy research and a professional and fair review of environmental impact assessments. The Korea Adaptation Center for Climate Change designated by the Ministry of Environment was established under the KEI in 2009.
- Country of registration: NetherlandsRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Coastal zones, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Forestry, Human health, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Marine and Fisheries, Waste management, Water
Climate-KIC is the EU’s largest public private partnership addressing climate change through innovation to build a zero carbon economy. Climate-KIC does this across 4 themes: urban areas, land use, production systems, climate metrics and finance. Education is at the heart of these themes to inspire and empower the next generation of climate leaders. Climate-KIC runs programmes for students, start-ups and innovators across Europe via centres in major cities, convening a community of the best people and organisations.
- Relation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Early warning and Environmental assessment, Marine and Fisheries, Waste management
Established in 1986 as Korea's first research oriented university, POSTECH'S vision is "a great university that nurtures future global leaders and discovers/develops solutions to grand challenges the nation and mankind face". Home to 72 researcher centers, POSTECH has world class research facilities, including world class 3rd&4th generation Synchrotorn Accelerators. With excellent research infrastructure and talented researches, POSTECH is focusing on solving the climate crisis mankind face.
- Country of registration: SpainRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Renewable energy, Energy efficiency
Starting its activity in 2003, Creara has a leading position in Spain and Latin America, offering among 1) Energy plan and financial schemes to support the saving measures for governements or industry. 2) Energy Audits of buildings of any use 3) Technical and financial feasibility for RES technologies 5) Carbon emission consultancy; GHGC inventories, GHG reduction 6) Design and implementation of Energy Services (ESCO) Development Programs 7) ISO 50001 (Energy Management System).
- Country of registration: NetherlandsRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Coastal zones, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Water
DELTARES is an independent institute for applied research in the field of water, subsurface and infrastructure. Throughout the world, DELTARES works on smart solutions, innovations and applications for people, environment and society. Its main focus is on deltas, coastal regions and river basins. Managing these densely populated and vulnerable areas is complex, which is why DELTARES works closely with governments, businesses, other research institutes and universities.
- Country of registration: United StatesRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Energy efficiency
CLASP improves the energy performance of appliances and related systems, lessening their impacts on the world around us. CLASP develops and shares practical, transformative policy and market solutions in collaboration with global experts and stakeholders. CLASP is the leading international resource for energy efficiency standards and labels (S&L) for appliances, lighting, and equipment. Since 1999, CLASP has worked in over 50 countries on 6 continents promoting appliance energy efficiency.