The National Horticultural Research Institute (NIHORT) was first established as the National Fruit and Vegetable Research and Development Centre (NFVRDC) with the assistance of UNDP/FAO Project NIR/72/007. By the Federal Government Agricultural Research Institutes Establishment Decree Order No. 35 of June 1975, the Centre metamorphosed into the National Horticultural Research Institute (NIHORT) along with other Agricultural Research Institutes. The Institute is under the coordination of the Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (ARCN).
Network members list and profiles
- Country of registration: NigeriaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
- Country of registration: South AfricaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Pegasys Institute is not-for-profit organisation that does research, advocacy, policy and strategy development in the areas of low carbon energy, water, and climate change adaptation, with a strong focus on gender equality and poverty eradication. Pegasys Institute works in Sub-Saharan Africa, with a particular focus on southern and eastern Africa. Pegasys Institute aims at practical solutions that work optimally within the context of financial and technical resource constraints of African countries.
- Country of registration: KenyaRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge Partner
EED Advisory Limited is an interdisciplinary consultancy firm with service offerings in the energy and environment space delivered through four practice lines: (i) sustainable energy, (ii) climate change, (iii) natural resource management and (iv) commercial project development. EED Advisory Limited operates through staff located in Nairobi and partners across the globe.
- Country of registration: BrazilRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Coastal zones, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Forestry, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Transport, Waste management, Water
Fundação Brasileira para o DesenvolvimentobSustentável (FBDS) is a not for-profit organization differentiated by its network with the scientific community, international finance agencies and national corporations. It is an organization that structures projects and partnerships on the subject of sustainable development and climate change integrating the forefront of know-how with management capacity.
- Relation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Coastal zones, Renewable energy, Forestry, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Marine and Fisheries, Waste management, Water
UNU-INWEH is a member of the United Nations University family of organizations. It is the United Nations Think Tank on Water created by the UNU Governing Council in 1996. The vision of the institute is a world free of water problems where sustainable human development and environmental health and security are assured for all.
- Country of registration: GermanyRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Agriculture and forestry, Renewable energy, Forestry, Infrastructure and Urban planning
ECO Consult Sepp & Busacker Partnerschaft was founded in the year of the UN Rio Summit in 1992. ECO, offers integrated advisory services for developing countries and countries in transition. ECO is among Germany’s leading international consultants to offer independent technical advise for sustainable development in the environment and social sectors, particularly in the fields of REDD+ and wood energy, along the value-chain from the production to the end-users, including innovative stove and carbonization technologies.
- Country of registration: ChileRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Adapt-Chile is a not for-profit organization that has worked since January of 2013 to identify, develop and promote local responses to climate change. Adapt-Chile's work begins at the local, municipal level and extends to regional and national government, academia, the private sector, other social organizations, and internationally through cooperation with other municipalities, cities, city networks and multilateral cooperative development agencies.
- Country of registration: ArgentinaRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge Partner
Black Soil is an innovative agtech company providing a service that combines starter irrigation and liquid fertilizing at the time of sowing. Its solutions have been tested at commercial scale in a variety of climate conditions for a broad range of crops. Blacksoil's services ensure stronger root and drought resilient plant development and hence support increased food safety and security as well as climate-resilient and ecosystem-efficient sowing. Blacksoil works with governments and private farmers directly.
- Country of registration: United StatesRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Agriculture and forestry, Carbon fixation and abatement, Coastal zones, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Forestry
Woods Hole Research Center (WHRC) is an independent research institute founded in 1985 where scientists investigate the causes and effects of climate change in order to identify and implement opportunities for conservation, restoration and economic development around the world. WHRC collaborates with colleagues from many countries around the world in order to prevent and reverse deforestation and apply remote sensing and other advanced analytical methods to measure progress towards these goals.
- Country of registration: CameroonRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Coastal zones, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Waste management, Carbon fixation and abatement
S2 Services Sarl serves as a north-south and south-south bridge by creating and developing a cooperation platform between different parties and stakeholders. Main activities of S2 Services Sarl are consulting, capacity building and project development in the following fields: climate change, renewable rnergy and energy efficiency, policy development, green buildings, sustainable development, CSR, CDM, NAMA, Gold Standard, INDC, MRV and LEDS among others.
- Relation to CTCN: Network Member
Solar for Life (SFL) is a not for-profit organization that provides access to clean and affordable energy to developing communities. Through its network of partners, SFL distributes solar lights to reduce kerosene dependency in off-grid areas. Solar for Life functions on three pillars:
1.Micro-impact solar light donations
2. Developmental research
3. Sustainable entrepreneurship education and programmin
- Relation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Energy efficiency
KEPCO was founded by the Korea Electric Power Corporation Act with the purpose of developing energy, stability of power demand and supply and contribution to the development of the national economy.
- Country of registration: ChileRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Centro Mario Molina, Chile (CMMCh)'s mission is to build the capabilities to face air pollution problems and climate change in South America. CMMCh has the vision to be a Center for Development and Research for promoting cutting-edge research in association with prestigious entities.
- Relation to CTCN: Network Member
Since its establishment in 1979, Byucksan Engineering (BEC) has become one of the top engineering companies in Korea. BEC provides engineering services such as feasibility studies, design and supervision, construction services, carrying out operation & maintenance works on power plants and infrastructure work in the field of environment. Recently, BEC has worked on renewable energy businesses such as biomass power plant, photovoltaic power generation, small hydropower plant and fuel cells in accordance with climate change mitigation.
- Relation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Water
K-water is a Korean multi-sectoral water services provider that has been dedicated to water management for people. With its own ICT-based smart water management, K-water will tackle various water problems by providing IWRM(Integrated Water Resources Management) services over the whole process of water cycle.
- Country of registration: ChinaRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge Partner
Shanghai Environment and Energy Exchange (SEEE) is a Chinese state own company founded in 2008. Specialized in climate change mitigation and adaptation services, SEEE provides services to decision makers in the public and private sector on emissions trading, energy efficiency, climate technology transfer and sustainable development strategies.
- Country of registration: SpainRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Forestry, Industry, Transport
BlacktoGreen provides companies and public bodies with cutting-edge services in energy, environment and sustainability to help them perform in a more efficient and sustainable manner. With a solid technological background, BlacktoGreen enlightens the trail in order to stimulate a quick and ordered transition to a more sustainable energy system. BlacktoGreen has offices in both Mexico and Spain.
- Country of registration: Viet NamRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Industry, Waste management
FORMTEXT Center for Creativity and Sustainability Study and Consultancy (CCS) is an NGO founded in 2013 and based in Hanoi, Vietnam. Its mission is to promote sustainable consumption and Production in Vietnam by applying creative methods, solutions and development models. CCS specializes in R&D, lab and field testing, technology transfer, capacity building, consultancy and policy advisory on clean and renewable energy solutions, sustainable product design, and organic zero-waste agriculture.
- Country of registration: KazakhstanRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Industry
Coalition for green economy and development “G-Global” was based in 2013, the main mission of this coalition is to provide the passing to “green economy”. “G-global” aims to find the substitution of burning fossil fuels on alternative energy sources. Every year the population’s demand is increasing, thus it leads to air contamination .Moreover, “G-Global” develops the production of organic food. In December 2015 coalition became the owner of the eco-mark “organic KZ”. Coalition provides the transfer of organic food to local markets located in Astana.
- Relation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Coastal zones, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Forestry, Human health, Water, Carbon fixation and abatement
DE is a design and environmental consultancy and technology company based in Vancouver and Montreal. The mission of DE is to solve problems using design and environmental science. We have worked throughout the Caribbean, Central America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Our team has deep scientific and technical skills in the area of environmental analysis, impact assessment, and data integration. Over the past 5 years we have worked with groups such as the IADB, IICA, the GEF, and UN, on various climate change mandates.