UNU-INWEH is a member of the United Nations University family of organizations. It is the United Nations Think Tank on Water created by the UNU Governing Council in 1996. The vision of the institute is a world free of water problems where sustainable human development and environmental health and security are assured for all.
Network members list and profiles
- Country of registration: CanadaRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Coastal zones, Renewable energy, Forestry, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Marine and Fisheries, Waste management, Water
- Relation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Agriculture and forestry, Renewable energy, Forestry, Infrastructure and Urban planning
ECO Consult Sepp & Busacker Partnerschaft was founded in the year of the UN Rio Summit in 1992. ECO, offers integrated advisory services for developing countries and countries in transition. ECO is among Germany’s leading international consultants to offer independent technical advise for sustainable development in the environment and social sectors, particularly in the fields of REDD+ and wood energy, along the value-chain from the production to the end-users, including innovative stove and carbonization technologies.
- Country of registration: ChileRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Adapt-Chile is a not for-profit organization that has worked since January of 2013 to identify, develop and promote local responses to climate change. Adapt-Chile's work begins at the local, municipal level and extends to regional and national government, academia, the private sector, other social organizations, and internationally through cooperation with other municipalities, cities, city networks and multilateral cooperative development agencies.
- Country of registration: United KingdomRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency
Practical Action Consulting (PAC) is the consulting arm of Practical Action, an international non-governmental organisation that uses technology to challenge poverty in developing countries. Through technology PAC enables poor communities to build on their skills and knowledge to produce sustainable and practical solutions - transforming their lives forever and protecting the world around them. Every year PAC uses technology to help over 1 million people out of poverty.
- Country of registration: IndonesiaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Forest Carbon is a private sector organization that was registered as Pt. Forest Carbon Consultants Indonesia. Prior to this, Forest Carbon operated as a sole proprietary consulting firm. The mission is to substantially reduce forest based greenhouse gas emissions by providing scientifically rigorous technical services. Forest Carbon has expertise in all aspects of REED+ such as program design, feasibility assessments, inventories, MRV, and mapping and remote sensing.
- Country of registration: BangladeshRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Industry, Agriculture, Waste management, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Water, Coastal zones
Bangladesh Centre for Advanced studies (BCAS) is an independent, non-government, non-profit, research and policy institute institution established in 1986 with the mission to provide guidance and practical solutions to promote sustainable development, eradicate poverty, improve access of the poor to resources and ensure social justice. It specializes in policy analysis, action research and project implementation for sustainable development at local, national, regional and global levels.
- Relation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Early warning and Environmental assessment, Energy efficiency, Industry, Transport, Waste management
Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy is a research and academic organization established in 1991 with the mission to undertake research and develops models, strategies and instruments for transitions to a sustainable development at local, national and international level. Sustainability research at the Wuppertal Institute focuses on the resources, climate and energy related challenges and their relation to economy and society. Special emphasis is put on analysing and stimulating innovations that decouple economic growth and wealth from natural resource use.
- Country of registration: IsraelRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Coastal zones, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Forestry, Human health, Industry, Transport, Waste management, Water
Natural Resources and Environmental Research Center (NRERC), University of Haifa is a resaerch and academic institution established in 1985 with the mission to carry out interdisciplinary research in the area of natural resource and environmental resource management, pioneering this academic research field in Israel. NRERC is chosen, by the Israeli Ministry of Environmental Protection, to lead "The Israeli Center for Climate Change" (ICCIC).
- Country of registration: IndiaRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge Partner
UDYAMA is a non-governmental organization established in 1997 with the mission to linking people together to work on rights based approach for collective actions towards reducing disaster risk (Natural, Climate and Manmade) and achieving livelihood, social justice and gender rights, equitable and sustainable development.
- Country of registration: MexicoRelation to CTCN: Network Member
ENERGIAS RENOVABLES EXACTA S DE RL DE CV is a private sector turnkey renewable energy technology provider established in 2009 with the mission to offer optimal solutions to the technological needs of stakeholders focusing on renewable energy and sustainability. The company offer equipment and products, consulting, design, installation, operation and maintenance in the areas of sustainability and renewable energies.
- Country of registration: IraqRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise: Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Waste management, Carbon fixation and abatement
Kirkuk Technical College is a research and academic institution established in 1998, by the Government of Republic of Iraq with the mission to provide advanced technical education and create mechanisms for constant scientific, technical and moral evolutions of people so as to ensure continual development of the society. It conducts research studies and assessments on range of topics and develops knowledge products.
- Country of registration: NepalRelation to CTCN: Network Member
ICIMOD is a regional intergovernmental institution established in 1983 with the mission to serve the HKH region through information and knowledge generation and sharing to find solutions to critical mountain problems. ICIMOD bridges science with policies and on-the-ground practices. It provides a regional platform where policy makers, experts, planners, and practitioners can exchange ideas and perspectives towards the achievement of sustainable mountain development.
- Country of registration: ThailandRelation to CTCN: Network Member
IIEC is a non‐governmental (NGO), not‐for‐profit organization, established in 1984, with a mission to apply global knowledge base and experience to customize local sustainable solutions that are replicable & adaptable, to make a global mainstream impact toward sustainable development and greenhouse gas emissions reduction. IIEC designs policies, implements programs, and supports institutions that mainstream energy efficiency in the entire value chain of energy systems and use.
- Country of registration: NetherlandsRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Vereniging FME-CWM is a public sector organization with the mission to promote collaboration, knowledge exchange and promotion of Dutch products internationally. Their demonstrated expertise lies in deployment of renewable energy technologies such as solar and wind as well as energy storage in different regions of the world.
- Country of registration: DenmarkRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge Partner
Quercus is an advisory type of an institution established in 2012 with the mission to positively improve and optimize living conditions for people and the working climate for public and private enterprise in the face of globalization. Quercus Group works with regional economic development in three main areas: Cluster Development, Network and Partnership facilitation, Investment and export promotion.
- Relation to CTCN: Network Member
Green Cooling Initiative (GCI) is a network of Companies, Organisations, and Government Institutions aiming at a reduction of emissions from the cooling sectors established by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in 2014 and its initial funding will run to 30th of April 2017. The aim of GCI is to establish a global Green Cooling Network, which will accelerate the transfer of environmentally friendly technologies in the refrigeration and air conditioning sectors to and within developing countries.
- Country of registration: South AfricaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Sustainable Energy Africa (SEA) was registered as a non-profit company in November 2000 and with implementation of the new Companies Act in 2011. Sustainable Energy Africa promotes the development of an equitable low carbon, clean energy economy throughout Southern Africa. Through their work they promote the more efficient use of conventional energy, the transition to more sustainable energies such as solar and wind power, access to safe and affordable energy for all, and a holistic view of sustainable development.
- Country of registration: DenmarkRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Industry, Transport, Waste management, Water
Active since 2001, the Energy and Environment Group of G+H is one of the leading European based consultancy firms providing innovative and tailor-made advisory services and solutions in the board fields of Climate Change, Development, Energy & Environment, and Sustainability.
- Country of registration: Republic of KoreaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Korea Environment Corporation (KECO) is a public sector organization with the mission to Contribute to ecofriendly national development through the improvement of environment and promotion of resource recycling.
- Country of registration: IndiaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
IT Power India is a private sector institution established in 1997 in India with the mission to provide technical, engineering and advisory services to public and private sector clients in all aspects of sustainable energy. From the India office it has worked on over 200 projects in 23 countries in South Asia and Africa.