Network Member Spotlight
Network Members form a broad community of climate technology stakeholders, including academic, finance, non-government, private sector, public sector, and research entities, as well as over 150+ National Designated Entities (CTCN national focal points selected by their countries).
Network Membership provides access to a diverse global community of climate technology users, providers and financiers under the umbrella of the UNFCCC Technology Mechanism. Through its network, the CTCN mobilises policy and technical expertise to deliver technology solutions, capacity building and implementation advice to developing countries.
- Technical services: Providing technical assistance funded by the CTCN in response to developing country requests (selection conducted through a competitive bidding process among Network members)
- Information exchange: Sharing/receiving information (data, lessons learned, reports, case studies) at CTCN events and via the CTCN’s online knowledge platform
- Capacity building: Presenting online and in-person tutorials and workshops on your fields of expertise to peers and developing country stakeholders
Technical Assistance Bidding Opportunities
|Request for Proposal (RFP 7000003235): The Bahamas power system stability study for the implementation of a higher renewable energy penetration level||Bahamas||6 Nov 2018||Open for bidding|
|Request for Proposal (RFP 7000003215): Assessment of Coastal Hazards and Climate Change Adaptation Technologies for the Coastal Region of West Africa and Cameroon Using the Coastal Hazard Wheel (CHW)||Benin, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo||2 Nov 2018||Open for bidding|
|Request for Proposal (RFP 7000003188): National certification system for energy auditors in Pakistan||Pakistan||2 Nov 2018||Open for bidding|
Completed offers are submitted via the UNIDO e-Procurement portal
Events, forums and webinars
Join the CTCN
12 Oct 2018Institute for Policy and Strategy for Agriculture and Rural Development
12 Oct 2018GeneGIS GI S.r.L.
The CTCN actively seeks Network members from all geographic regions with an array of sector experience. The membership is costfree. Download the Network application, complete it and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commercial opportunities: Pre-qualified access to competitive bidding for delivery of CTCN technical assistance services to developing countries
- Connection: Network with national decision makers, thought leaders, and other Network members to expand your partnership opportunities and learn about emerging activities and areas of practice
- Visibility: Increase your global recognition and showcase your organization’s experience and success stories. Broaden your organization's global reach by engaging in new technology projects and showcasing relevant experience, events, reports and tools
- One of the following institutional structures: national technology centre or institution; regional climate technology centre or network; intergovernmental, international, regional or sector organization, partnership or initiative that contributes to technology deployment and transfer; or research, academic, financial, non- governmental, private sector or public sector organization, partnership or initiative. NDEs are de facto members of the CTN.
- Demonstrated capability in initiatives aimed at development, transfer and deployment of climate technologies applicable for developing countries including expertise in policy, capacity building and/or investment.
- Operational and organizational stability, as evidenced by financial, human and other resources relative to their mandate and size that could reasonably be deemed sufficient to deliver the organization’s mandate.
- A pledge to comply with the CTN code of Conduct
New applications are received and reviewed on a continuous basis. Once granted, the membership will be valid for a period of two years, and those members who wish to maintain their membership must apply for renewal. Membership will normally be renewed as long as the member has been actively involved during its previous membership period and still meets the membership criteria.