GRID-Arendal is a Norwegian foundation that supports the United Nations Environment Programme. It is a centre of excellence for the scientific analysis of environmental issues in many areas including environmental assessments, ocean issues and polar regions.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:NorwayRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:South AfricaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
The Energy Research Centre is a research and academic type of institution established in 1989. The institution provides thought leadership and research on key issues related to climate change mitigation in developing countries under the following key focal areas: Energy- Environment and Climate Change, Energy- Poverty and Development, Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency, and Energy Systems Analysis & Planning.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network Member
CONSULAQUA Hamburg is a 100% subsidiary of HAMBURG WASSER, Northern Germany's largest public water supply and wastewater disposal company, and provides advanced expertise and long term experience for all kinds of capacity development challenges, consultancy and engineering tasks in the water sector. The services of services CONSULAQUA Hamburg include assessment missions, capacity development initiatives (training, planning, engineering, etc.) and consulting services in the fields of operation and maintenance, water supply, wastewater management and water resources management.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:JapanRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
The Global Environment Centre Foundation (GEC) is an entity that supports the UNEP’s International Environmental Technology Centre (IETC), based in Japan. GEC is dedicated to the transfer of environmentally sound technologies, in both developing countries and countries with economies in transition. The foundation aims to contribute to Japan’s international efforts on the environment, sharing project collaborations as well as promoting Japan’s rich conservation knowledge and experience in developing nations.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SwitzerlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
South Pole is a leading provider of global sustainability services, with more than 300 experts in over 18 offices worldwide. For more than a decade, South Pole has worked with a wide range of public, private and civil sector organisations to accelerate the transition to a climate-smart society. South Pole has mobilised climate finance to over 700 projects in the areas of emission reductions, renewable energy, energy efficiency and sustainable land-use.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:CanadaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
UNU-INWEH is a member of the United Nations University family of organizations. It is the United Nations Think Tank on Water created by the UNU Governing Council in 1996. The vision of the institute is a world free of water problems where sustainable human development and environmental health and security are assured for all.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:IsraelRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Natural Resources and Environmental Research Center (NRERC), University of Haifa is a resaerch and academic institution established in 1985 with the mission to carry out interdisciplinary research in the area of natural resource and environmental resource management, pioneering this academic research field in Israel. NRERC is chosen, by the Israeli Ministry of Environmental Protection, to lead "The Israeli Center for Climate Change" (ICCIC).
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:IndiaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
UDYAMA is a non-governmental organization established in 1997 with the mission to linking people together to work on rights based approach for collective actions towards reducing disaster risk (Natural, Climate and Manmade) and achieving livelihood, social justice and gender rights, equitable and sustainable development.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Korea Environment Corporation (KECO) is a public sector organization with the mission to Contribute to ecofriendly national development through the improvement of environment and promotion of resource recycling.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:NepalRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Clean Energy Nepal (CEN) is an independent, non profit service oriented, policy, research and implementation organisation established in 1999 with a mission to educate and aware people on issues related to climate change, energy and other environmental issues and work for reducing air pollution and global warming impacts to natural and human system. It focuses on research based education and advocacy campaigns with policy inputs and implementation on issues related to sustainable energy use and environmental conservation.