This webinar addresses the climate change and development challenges of urban transportation and how the transportation sector can contribute to mitigation objectives.
Transport Demand Management
Transport Demand Management
- Type:WebinarDate and time:Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - Wednesday, February 11, 2015 Europe/ParisOrganiser:
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Lavola has more than 35 years’ experience in sustainability services. The company is specialized in:
- Consultancy in Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energies (including engineering), Carbon footprint, Climate Change mitigation and adaptation, Life Cycle analysis, Social Responsibility and Sustainable Urban and Regional Development.
- Sustainable Development Communication
- Sustainable Development Education including programmes, learning materials, activities and Management of centres.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:SwitzerlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
The Basel Agency for Sustainable Energy (BASE) is a Swiss Foundation and Specialised Partner of United Nations Environment. BASE develops innovative ideas and tailored market-driven solutions to drive investment in sustainable energy and to meet the challenge of climate change.
BASE has implemented projects incorporating locally appropriate climate technologies in North and South America, Africa, Asia and Europe.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:JapanRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
The Global Environment Centre Foundation (GEC) is an entity that supports the UNEP’s International Environmental Technology Centre (IETC), based in Japan. GEC is dedicated to the transfer of environmentally sound technologies, in both developing countries and countries with economies in transition. The foundation aims to contribute to Japan’s international efforts on the environment, sharing project collaborations as well as promoting Japan’s rich conservation knowledge and experience in developing nations.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ItalyRelation to CTCN:Network Member
University of Florence traces its origins to the Studium established in 1321.UNIFI applies to CTN with its Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (DICEA) which researches climate change in relation to transport, infrastructure and mobility.There is a team dedicated to mobility which has 20 years experience coordinating international research projects.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Incorporated in 2015, Tambourine Innovation Ventures (TIV) is an innovation advisory and venture development firm that provides a full suite of services and solutions to the challenges and needs generated by the increasing interest and activity globally in the areas of climate change adaptation/mitigation, innovation, technology transfer and venture finance. TIV founders and consultants bring more than three decades of experience in assisting the developing countries access innovative technologies from the industrialized countries and grow technology ventures.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ChinaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Taiwan Research Institute (TRI) was established in 1994 by a group of leading members of the business community in Taiwan. TRI dedicates itself to the general public as a non-partisan specialized think tank. TRI aims to deepen the foundation of Taiwan's development, to nurture an environment conducive to sustainable economic growth, to raise the living standards of the people and to encourage technological innovation.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GeorgiaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Saunders Group, aims to provide efficient and effective local support in emerging markets for large engineering, urban and agriculture development projects. Saunders Group has a team of staff that cover all aspects of project management, financial and administrative control and support. Saunders Group was formed in 2009 by Dr. Michael J Saunders, a New Zealand and Georgian dual Citizen, who has a background in urban planning and engineering.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:KazakhstanRelation to CTCN:Network Member
LLP "Green Academy" Scientific Research and Education Center is the first green think tank center on the post Soviet area, which was established in 2013 with the main objective to support Kazakhstan’s transition to green economy by providing analytical and informational support, promoting awareness-raising and conducting research.