This webinar addresses the climate change and development challenges of urban transportation and how the transportation sector can contribute to mitigation objectives.
Transport Demand Management
Transport Demand Management
- Type:WebinarDate and time:Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - Wednesday, February 11, 2015 Europe/ParisOrganiser:
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Lavola has more than 35 years’ experience in sustainability services. The company is specialized in:
- Consultancy in Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energies (including engineering), Carbon footprint, Climate Change mitigation and adaptation, Life Cycle analysis, Social Responsibility and Sustainable Urban and Regional Development.
- Sustainable Development Communication
- Sustainable Development Education including programmes, learning materials, activities and Management of centres.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:SwitzerlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
The Basel Agency for Sustainable Energy (BASE) is a Swiss Foundation and Specialised Partner of United Nations Environment. BASE develops innovative ideas and tailored market-driven solutions to drive investment in sustainable energy and to meet the challenge of climate change.
BASE has implemented projects incorporating locally appropriate climate technologies in North and South America, Africa, Asia and Europe.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:JapanRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
The Global Environment Centre Foundation (GEC) is an entity that supports the UNEP’s International Environmental Technology Centre (IETC), based in Japan. GEC is dedicated to the transfer of environmentally sound technologies, in both developing countries and countries with economies in transition. The foundation aims to contribute to Japan’s international efforts on the environment, sharing project collaborations as well as promoting Japan’s rich conservation knowledge and experience in developing nations.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ChinaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Energy and Environmental Development Research Center (EED) is an institution committed to policy and economic research on energy and environment, technology development, as well as professional training, institutional strengthening, and capacity building. EED’s service areas cover: i) climate change/low-carbon economic development; ii) new/renewable energy development; iii) energy efficiency improvement; iv) environmental protection in rural and regional areas; v) industrial and urban pollution control; and vi) energy and environment advisory.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
LTS is an international company with more than 40 years of experience that provides professional consultancy and project management services to support sustainable development in the public and private sectors across Europe, Africa, Asia and the Americas, principally across developing nations. LTS delivers a range of services within climate change such as: climate risk and vulnerability assessments, adaptation planning, climate mainstreaming, climate screening, MRV systems development, monitoring adaptation, communications, information platform and capacity development.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:DenmarkRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Ramboll is an engineering, design and consultancy company employing 13,000 experts worldwide. Ramboll provides services across de following sectors: energy, water, environment, health, buildings, transport, and management consulting etc. Ramboll's multidisciplinary approach allows them to provide best available solutions in mitigation and adaptation technologies, and their worldwide presence and expertise facilitates the transfer of technology to developing countries.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:South AfricaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Green House is a sustainability consulting firm with experience working on energy, climate change and sustainability-related projects including climate policy development, strategic energy and climate planning, technology assessment, emissions modelling, and life cycle assessment. The Green House has experience in sectors including electricity supply, urban systems, transport, bioenergy, biofuels, industry, commerce, agriculture, food, retail, municipal waste management, mining and minerals.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SwitzerlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Grütter Consulting (GC) develops sustainable transport projects including policies development, biofuels implementation, urban and inter-urban mobility, electric, gas-powered vehicles, freight and logistics projects. It has implemented various projects in road-based transport (urban and inter-urban), rail and shipping with the objective to identify options for reducing the environmental footprint of transport. Also, GC realizes financial structuring within the framework of its projects.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:AustriaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Energy Changes´ (EC) business activities solely focus on GHG mitigation activities applying renewable energies and energy efficiency measures. EC identifies, evaluates and develops renewable energy/ energy efficiency and GHG mitigation projects. EC’s staff includes engineers, scientists, economists and business experts with many years of experience in sustainable energy, resource management and GHG mitigation. EC was founded in 2006 and has currently 15 employees and an annual turnover of approx. 2 million EUR.