Switch from fossil fuel to biomass
Switch from fossil fuel to biomass
Developing policy framework and business model to promote sustainable use of biomass briquettes in NepalType:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:ImplementationCountries:Sectors:Cross-sectoral enabler:
This Technology Transfer Advances Nepal's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to "maintain 40% of the total area of the country under forest cover and increase forest productivity and products through sustainable management of forests", and to contribute to the global efforts of reducing GHGs emissions and helping life and life-support systems to adapt and build resilience to climate change impacts.
Scaling-up sustainable wood fuel (charcoal and firewood) systems in the Pwani, Lindi and Mtwara regions of TanzaniaType:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:Sectors:Approach:
This Technology Transfer Advances Tanzania's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to "promote sustainable and climate sensitive health and sanitation infrastructure", and "enhance the use of renewable energy potential across the country", as well as its committment towards protection of forest resources.
- Type:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:Sectors:Approach:
This technical assistance advances Bosnia-Herzegovina's Determined Contribution to:
- Introduce renewable energy sources in the existing district heating systems and to construct new district heating systems fuelled by renewable energy sources.
For more detailed information on this techology transfer, please refer to original project documents under the documents section below.
- Type:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:Sectors:
This Technology Transfer Advances Viet Nam's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to reduce GHG emissions by 8% compared to Business-as-Usual by 2030, in line with the Government's prioritized policies, such as renewable energy development.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:CanadaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
Viresco Solutions is a consulting firm based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Its core business is greenhouse gas offset policy development and implementation, greenhouse gas emissions quantification, sustainable supply chain development, environmental offset methodology development, and providing technical assistance to others undertaking carbon offset project development. Its clients include industry and non-governmental associations, large private sector companies, and local, provincial and federal governments.
- Type:WebinarDate and time:Wednesday, May 6, 2015 - Wednesday, May 6, 2015 America/New YorkOrganiser:
In achieving its unique mandate in accelerating Inclusive and Sustainable Industrial Development, UNIDO recognizes access to sustainable energy for productive uses as a key catalyst for inclusive and sustainable economic development.
- Type:WebinarDate and time:Wednesday, December 7, 2016 - Wednesday, December 7, 2016 Europe/CopenhagenOrganiser:
Under the UNFCCC, the 2015 Paris Agreement puts a strong emphasis on “independent nationally determined contributions” as the principal mechanism for countries to contribute to climate change mitigation and recognized the importance of accurate measurement of reduced emissions by sector for perio
- Type:WebinarDate and time:Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - Wednesday, February 25, 2015 Europe/ParisOrganiser:
This webinar covers issues faced by cities for both climate change mitigation and adaptation, particularly focusing on the technological interventions that cities can adopt to combat and build resilience to climate change.