GRID-Arendal is a Norwegian foundation that supports the United Nations Environment Programme. It is a centre of excellence for the scientific analysis of environmental issues in many areas including environmental assessments, ocean issues and polar regions.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:NorwayRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:CanadaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
Viresco Solutions is a consulting firm based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Its core business is greenhouse gas offset policy development and implementation, greenhouse gas emissions quantification, sustainable supply chain development, environmental offset methodology development, and providing technical assistance to others undertaking carbon offset project development. Its clients include industry and non-governmental associations, large private sector companies, and local, provincial and federal governments.
- Type:EventDate:Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - Thursday, October 2, 2014 Europe/CopenhagenCountry:Barbados
- Type:WebinarDate and time:Wednesday, December 7, 2016 - Wednesday, December 7, 2016 Europe/CopenhagenOrganiser:
Under the UNFCCC, the 2015 Paris Agreement puts a strong emphasis on “independent nationally determined contributions” as the principal mechanism for countries to contribute to climate change mitigation and recognized the importance of accurate measurement of reduced emissions by sector for perio
CTCN/GAN webinar: Sustainable Regional Development Model - A community based model for climate change mitigation and adaptationType:WebinarDate and time:Wednesday, July 5, 2017 - Wednesday, July 5, 2017 Europe/CopenhagenOrganiser:
The webinar introduced Green Asia Network’s Sustainable Development Model (SRDM), which is based on the four strategic objectives of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification’s (UNCCD).
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Practical Action Consulting (PAC) is the consulting arm of Practical Action, an international non-governmental organisation that uses technology to challenge poverty in developing countries. Through technology PAC enables poor communities to build on their skills and knowledge to produce sustainable and practical solutions - transforming their lives forever and protecting the world around them. Every year PAC uses technology to help over 1 million people out of poverty.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:Sri LankaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
IWMI’s Mission is to provide evidence-based solutions to sustainably manage water and land resources for food security, people’s livelihoods and the environment. IWMI’s Vision is ‘a water-secure world’. IWMI targets water and land management challenges faced by poor communities in the developing countries, and through this contributes towards the achievement of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) of reducing poverty and hunger, and maintaining a sustainable environment.