The Global Environment Centre Foundation (GEC) is an entity that supports the UNEP’s International Environmental Technology Centre (IETC), based in Japan. GEC is dedicated to the transfer of environmentally sound technologies, in both developing countries and countries with economies in transition. The foundation aims to contribute to Japan’s international efforts on the environment, sharing project collaborations as well as promoting Japan’s rich conservation knowledge and experience in developing nations.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:JapanRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SwitzerlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Grütter Consulting (GC) develops sustainable transport projects including policies development, biofuels implementation, urban and inter-urban mobility, electric, gas-powered vehicles, freight and logistics projects. It has implemented various projects in road-based transport (urban and inter-urban), rail and shipping with the objective to identify options for reducing the environmental footprint of transport. Also, GC realizes financial structuring within the framework of its projects.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FinlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Solved is a cleantech advisory service and collaboration platform. Solved tackles the world's environmental challenges, and lets you easily cooperate with the best cleantech experts. Solved brings together the leading experts, environmental challenges and new ways of working in order to co-create appealing solutions.
- Type:ProductObjective:Cross-sectoral enabler:
The introduction of congestion charges in Stockholm was one of the reasons why Stockholm was awarded “European Green Capital 2010”. The introduction has led to reduced traffic with somewhere between 20 and 25% and that air quality has been improved, according to the Road Administration.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:BrazilRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Fundação Brasileira para o DesenvolvimentobSustentável (FBDS) is a not for-profit organization differentiated by its network with the scientific community, international finance agencies and national corporations. It is an organization that structures projects and partnerships on the subject of sustainable development and climate change integrating the forefront of know-how with management capacity.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Factor is an international organization specialized in providing global, innovative and sustainable solutions in areas such as climate change, carbon markets, energy, green growth and sustainability. Established in March 2004, Factor is already present in 6 countries and 4 continents with 7 offices providing solutions to over 380 clients in 30 countries, having developed more than 1100 projects.
Factor is globally recognized:
- For being a referent in climate change related areas and climate resilient development;