Baird is a pre-eminent engineering company recognized worldwide for creative and innovative solutions where water meets land. Baird consists of a unique association of engineers, scientists and designers committed to excellence in analysis, hazard and risk assessment, engineering, and construction of river and coastal infrastructure and restoration projects. Baird's senior professionals are recognized for developing science-based technical solutions and leading complex multi-disciplinary consulting teams.
Marine energy or marine power refers to the energy carried by ocean waves, tides, salinity, and ocean temperature differences.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:CanadaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
The KNCPC implements diverse projects aimed at establishing cleaner production systems and sustainable industrial development as a specialized organization under the Government of the Republic of Korea.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:NorwayRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
GRID-Arendal is a Norwegian foundation that supports the United Nations Environment Programme. It is a centre of excellence for the scientific analysis of environmental issues in many areas including environmental assessments, ocean issues and polar regions.
Electricity generation through the use of salinity gradients between salt and fresh water is a relatively new concept. While discovered and discussed in the 1970s, research has been slow and most of it only recently. Two practical methods concerning membrane technology are currently being researched: the reverse electrodialysis (RED) method and pressure retarded osmosis (PRO). Both technologies are dependent on the semi permeable membrane. A semi-permeable membrane is selective in its permeability, i.e. only specific substances can pass through the membrane.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:JapanRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
The Global Environment Centre Foundation (GEC) is an entity that supports the UNEP’s International Environmental Technology Centre (IETC), based in Japan. GEC is dedicated to the transfer of environmentally sound technologies, in both developing countries and countries with economies in transition. The foundation aims to contribute to Japan’s international efforts on the environment, sharing project collaborations as well as promoting Japan’s rich conservation knowledge and experience in developing nations.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:BelgiumRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Revelle Group is a private sector organization established in 2013 with the mission to enable transition to a more sustainable, reliable and affordable energy future through capacity building and institutional building. Revelle Group facilitates the process of reform, change and sector development through projects financed by international donors and development banks. Revelle Group helps public entities to develop and implement strategies, legal, institutional and financial frameworks.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ArgentinaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
INA is a decentralized technological scientific body whose objective is to satisfy the requirements of study, research, development and provision of specialized services in the field of water use and preservation. It depends on the Under Secretariat of Water Resources of the Nation. INA carries out studies and provides technical services of great specialization, both for public and private organizations, making available to the country facilities, instruments and a highly qualified human team.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:UruguayRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
FING is the Engineering School of Universidad de la República, the main research and higher education institution in Uruguay. Being a public institution itself, FING has strong links with both private and public institutions, providing advice and applied research services in a wide field of subjects, including but not limited to: Environmental Hydraulics, Water Treatment, Water Management, Early Warning Systems, Natural Hazards Risk Analysis, Climate Change, Renewable Energies and Energy Efficiency.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Byucksan Power fulfills market needs through feasibility studies and consulting services in Korea and abroad.
Byucksan Power has expertise in:
- Power systems: ecofriendly transmission and distribution lines, substations
- ESCO & Renewable energy - energy saving company: solar, wind, wave power
- Power IT: Smart grids, ESS and EMS