Viresco Solutions is a consulting firm based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Its core business is greenhouse gas offset policy development and implementation, greenhouse gas emissions quantification, sustainable supply chain development, environmental offset methodology development, and providing technical assistance to others undertaking carbon offset project development. Its clients include industry and non-governmental associations, large private sector companies, and local, provincial and federal governments.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:CanadaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Lavola has more than 35 years’ experience in sustainability services. The company is specialized in:
- Consultancy in Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energies (including engineering), Carbon footprint, Climate Change mitigation and adaptation, Life Cycle analysis, Social Responsibility and Sustainable Urban and Regional Development.
- Sustainable Development Communication
- Sustainable Development Education including programmes, learning materials, activities and Management of centres.
Efficient use of nitrogenous fertilisers can reduce N2O emissions from agricultural fields. In addition, by reducing the quantity of synthetic fertilisers required, improved management can also reduce CO2 emissions associated with their manufacture. In this article a variety of fertiliser management technologies are discussed in brief, followed by a discussion on their relative advantages and disadvantages.
- Type:NewsPublication date:Sectors:
The Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN) is seeking a national consultant from Zambia to develop a technology roadmap on conservation farming with agro-forestry. The technology roadmap is expected to serve as a tool to assess feasibility, develop business and financial models for bankable projects and prepare for investment. Deadline for applications: 8 August 2017.
Soil is a fundamental requirement for crop production as it provides plants with anchorage, water and nutrients. A certain supply of mineral and organic nutrient sources is present in soils, but these often have to be supplemented with external applications, or fertilisers, for better plant growth. Fertilisers enhance soil fertility and are applied to promote plant growth, improve crop yields and support agricultural intensification.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:ArgentinaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
Black Soil is an innovative agtech company providing a service that combines starter irrigation and liquid fertilizing at the time of sowing. Its solutions have been tested at commercial scale in a variety of climate conditions for a broad range of crops. Blacksoil's services ensure stronger root and drought resilient plant development and hence support increased food safety and security as well as climate-resilient and ecosystem-efficient sowing. Blacksoil works with governments and private farmers directly.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:IndiaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
SBA Enviro Systems Private Limited is a multidisciplinary techno-commercial consulting and environmental engineering organisation specializing in air pollution, waste water treatment and water management including environmental assessment, detailed project reporting, design and engineering, commissioning, training and capacity building. Other technical services include environmental services, pollution control, O&M services, renewable energy projects and equipments.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
IFDC, established in the USA in October 1974, is known for its expertise in soil fertility management, fertilizers and agriculture and agribusiness that service developing countries. In 1977 under the United States of America’s Presidential Executive Order No. 11977 of March 14, IFDC was declared as a public international organization (PIO).
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:IsraelRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Natural Resources and Environmental Research Center (NRERC), University of Haifa is a resaerch and academic institution established in 1985 with the mission to carry out interdisciplinary research in the area of natural resource and environmental resource management, pioneering this academic research field in Israel. NRERC is chosen, by the Israeli Ministry of Environmental Protection, to lead "The Israeli Center for Climate Change" (ICCIC).