Industrial solid waste
Industrial solid waste
Substantial GHG emissions reduction in the cement industry by using waste heat recovery combined with mineral carbon capture and utilizationType:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:
This Technology Transfer Advances South Africa's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to transform climate mitigation efforts from a “deviation from business-as-usual” form of commitment to take the form of a peak, plateau and decline GHG emissions trajectory range.
Piloting rapid uptake of industrial energy efficiency and efficient water utilisation in selected sectors in ZimbabweType:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:
This Technology Transfer Advances Zimbabwe's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to reduce its GHG (greenhouse gas) emissions by 33% below the projected Business As Usual energy emissions per capita by 2030, as well as to promote efficient water use practises in various sectors of the economy.
Technical assistance on the design and construction of a ground-based photovoltaic plant of 1MW rated capacityType:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:Sectors:
This Technology Transfer Advances Algeria's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to "reach 27% of electricity generated from renewable sources of energy by 2030".
L’Algérie a adopté en 2011 un vaste programme des énergies renouvelables et de l’efficacité énergétique (PEREE). Ce dernier, mis à jour en 2015, vise la production de 22.000 MW d’électricité d’origine renouvelable à l’horizon 2030, dont plus de 60% (13.575MW) serait d’origine solaire photovoltaïque (figure 1).
- Type:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:
This Technology Transfer Advances the Dominican Republic's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to reduce 25% of the Dominican Republic's base year greenhouse gas emissions by 2030.
Total freshwater withdrawals reported for 163 countries by the Pacific Institute showed that in the median country residential water use accounted for 16% of total freshwater withdrawals (Gleick et al., 2006). Therefore, residential conservation efforts can make a strong positive contribution to reducing pressure on water resources. Reducing water use in municipal systems also contributes to climate change mitigation by decreasing energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FinlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The Nordic Environment Finance Corporation (NEFCO) provides green financing targeted at small and medium-sized projects with tangible, positive environmental impacts in the Nordic region – and in particular the Baltic Sea. Through its extensive fund management, activities in the Arctic and Barents regions have been added and NEFCO has developed into a financial institution supporting Green Growth and the Climate globally.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FranceRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Eco-Tech Ceram (ETC) is a European Small Enterprise focused on the industrial energy efficiency market. EcoStock, using refractory ceramic made from waste. This solution contributes to two of the European 2020 objectives: 20% reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and 20% reduction in primary energy use, by recovering and reusing their waste heat