Industrial solid waste
Industrial solid waste
Substantial GHG emissions reduction in the cement industry by using waste heat recovery combined with mineral carbon capture and utilizationType:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:
This Technology Transfer Advances South Africa's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to transform climate mitigation efforts from a “deviation from business-as-usual” form of commitment to take the form of a peak, plateau and decline GHG emissions trajectory range.
Piloting rapid uptake of industrial energy efficiency and efficient water utilisation in selected sectors in ZimbabweType:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:Sectors:
This Technology Transfer Advances Zimbabwe's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to reduce its GHG (greenhouse gas) emissions by 33% below the projected Business As Usual energy emissions per capita by 2030, as well as to promote efficient water use practises in various sectors of the economy.
Technical assistance on the design and construction of a ground-based photovoltaic plant of 1MW rated capacityType:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:Sectors:
This Technology Transfer Advances Algeria's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to "reach 27% of electricity generated from renewable sources of energy by 2030".
L’Algérie a adopté en 2011 un vaste programme des énergies renouvelables et de l’efficacité énergétique (PEREE). Ce dernier, mis à jour en 2015, vise la production de 22.000 MW d’électricité d’origine renouvelable à l’horizon 2030, dont plus de 60% (13.575MW) serait d’origine solaire photovoltaïque (figure 1).
- Type:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:Sectors:
This Technology Transfer Advances the Dominican Republic's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to reduce 25% of the Dominican Republic's base year greenhouse gas emissions by 2030.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:EcuadorRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Efficacitas Consulting was founded in 1994 with the mission to work for sustainable resource management throughout Latin America, providing consulting services in energy, environment and sustainable development. Efficacitas fulfils its mission with professional competence and ethics by providing technical assistance, driven by excellence and innovation, to companies, governmental and nongovernmental organizations involved in natural resource management and conservation.
Enabling the development and diffusion of sustainable technologies: The practical uses of intellectual property (IP)Type:WebinarDate and time:Wednesday, July 8, 2015 - Wednesday, July 8, 2015 Europe/CopenhagenOrganiser:
Speakers from the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), the United Nations specialized agency for matters relating to intellectual property, discuss the role of intellectual property as one of many factors enabling the development and diffusion of sustainable technologies.
- Type:WebinarDate and time:Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - Wednesday, August 19, 2015 Europe/Copenhagen
Presenters from the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR, South Africa) will discuss the issue of climate change impacts on ecosystems and their associated services, how to assess ecosystem-vulnerability, and the role of ecosystem-based adaptation (EbA) technologies and practices for sustainable livelihoods.