Improved cook stoves
Improved cook stoves
- Type:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:ImplementationCountries:Objective:Sectors:
This Technology Transfer Advances Guinea's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to reduce 13% of the national greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in 2030 as compared to 1994.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Sectors:
Manual on Participatory Planning, Technology and Knowledge Transfer of Eco-Village Development (EVD) in India, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. Published by the Eco-Village Development Project Partners: INFORSE, INFORSE-South Asia, INSEDA in India, CRT/N in Nepal, IDEA in Sri Lanka, Grameen Shakti in Bangladesh, CAN-South Asia and DIB (project coordinator) in Denmark.
132 pages. 2018 December. Available: English, Hindi, Nepali, Bangla, and Sinhala.
It is well documented that solar energy can be an effective means of cleaning contaminated water. This is because ultraviolet (UV) light destroys the formation of DNA linkages in microorganisms, thereby preventing them from reproducing and thus rendering them harmless.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FinlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The Nordic Environment Finance Corporation (NEFCO) provides green financing targeted at small and medium-sized projects with tangible, positive environmental impacts in the Nordic region – and in particular the Baltic Sea. Through its extensive fund management, activities in the Arctic and Barents regions have been added and NEFCO has developed into a financial institution supporting Green Growth and the Climate globally.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:BangladeshRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
CCDB has been working to create a society where the poor, marginalized and vulnerable people can claim and enjoy human rights and justice for a sustainable livelihood with dignity since 1973. To meet the challenges of dynamic environments and development, CCDB has been implementing different programs including dedicated projects on climate change
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:NetherlandsRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
WECF is an international network of over 150 women's and civil society organizations implementing projects in 50 countries and advocating globally to shape a just and sustainable world
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:NetherlandsRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago. SNV helps people overcome poverty in 38 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America by enabling access to thetools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services. SNV works in three key sectors - Agriculture, Renewable Energy and WASH - and in the cross cutting themes of lnclusive Business, REDD+ and Climate Smart Agriculture.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
CLASP improves the energy performance of appliances and related systems, lessening their impacts on the world around us. CLASP develops and shares practical, transformative policy and market solutions in collaboration with global experts and stakeholders. CLASP is the leading international resource for energy efficiency standards and labels (S&L) for appliances, lighting, and equipment. Since 1999, CLASP has worked in over 50 countries on 6 continents promoting appliance energy efficiency.
- Type:EventDate:Tuesday, March 4, 2014 - Thursday, March 6, 2014 Europe/CopenhagenCountry:Kenya