CAIA Ingeniería S.A.S was registered in 2005 with the purpose of improving the environmental performance of its clients. Initially dedicated exclusively to consultancy and assessment, CAIA has evolved to incorporate more complete services, such as management of tax incentives and execution of energy efficiency projects to companies and national and sub-national decision-makers in Colombia.
Hydropower or water power is power derived from the energy of falling water or fast running water, which may be harnessed for useful purposes.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:ColombiaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:CanadaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
R.J. Burnside International Limited (Burnside) has provided engineering consulting services in Canada since 1970. Burnside has worked internationally since 1992 on projects funded by AfDB, World Bank, MCC, IADB, IFC, UNDP, CDB and GAC/CIDA in 17 developing countries. It has also worked in hundreds of Indigenous Communities in Canada.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:VietnamRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Energy and Environment Consultancy Joint Stock Company (VNEEC) combines high-quality economic and engineering expertise to support clients in developing Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) projects under the Kyoto Protocol and studying New Market Mechanisms under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and conducting other environment-related services, such as environmental capacity building, studies and surveys related to renewable energy, climate change and ozone- layer protection in Vietnam.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:CanadaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
CPCS Transcom Limited (CTL) is a management consulting firm providing high value-added power sector advisory services to meet the needs of clients by developing structures that meet public objectives while ensuring bankable projects for investors and operators. CTL's projects typically include:
• Restructuring and Regulatory Framework;
• Transaction Advisory;
• Project Development including feasibility studies;
• Institutional Analysis – Business and Strategic Planning;
• Due Diligence and Market Studies; and
- Type:PublicationPublication date:
This report covers the potential for hydropower in the Caribbean, with a focus on small hydro. It includes country-by-country discussions of hydro challenges and opportunities.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FranceRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Formerly known as Ecosur Afrique, Aera Group is a market leader in Africa holding the largest carbon projects portfolio and the record number of registered carbon activities across Africa. Aera Group assists renewable energy, energy efficiency and waste treatment projects to reach carbon certification under the Clean Development Mechanism, the Gold Standard and/or the Verified Carbon Standard. Aera Group coordinates all steps from eligibility assessment to technical documentation drafting, validation and registration assistance, monitoring, verification and issuance support.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
Acclimatise has been engaged in the delivery of climate risk management since its inception in 2004, advising private and public sector clients in developed and developing countries, on how to make their policies, projects, investments and assets resilient to climate change risks today and into the future. Acclimatise has been active in assessing and supporting climate services development and increasing capacity to use technologies to build resilience, particularly in developing countries.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Meteosim was founded in 2003 as a spin-off from the alliance between researchers from the Department of Astronomy and Meteorology of the Faculty of Physics at the University of Barcelona (Spain) and the American company Meso Inc. (New York), which enjoys worldwide recognition in the field of meteorology. Meteosim is a company specialised in meteorological and environmental services, which operates worldwide using the most advanced numerical modelling tools. Their main business areas are air quality, climate change, risk management and ocean studies.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
Research and Technology Organization (RTO) transforming knowledge into GDP through technology development and transfer, with more than 1200 researchers providing solutions for buildings, infrastructures, industrial systems, transport, energy, climate and environment. TECNALIA has a relevant background in services for private or public organizations across Europe and other geographies as Latin America, developing decision support tools for strategic urban and territorial development and planning