- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Practical Action Consulting (PAC) is the consulting arm of Practical Action, an international non-governmental organisation that uses technology to challenge poverty in developing countries. Through technology PAC enables poor communities to build on their skills and knowledge to produce sustainable and practical solutions - transforming their lives forever and protecting the world around them. Every year PAC uses technology to help over 1 million people out of poverty.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:AustriaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Pöyry Austria GmbH, a member of the global Pöyry Group, is a consulting and engineering company with deep expertise with extensive local knowledge to deliver sustainable project investments. For instance, its Hydro Consulting department delivers services in the fields of hydrological and hydraulic modellingand forecasting. Its experts have significant experience in the fields of hydro-meteorology, climate change and climate sensitivity. They also contribute to assess climate risk and ctimate adaptation measures for hydropower and all other sectors of water management.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:NetherlandsRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
FutureWater is a private sector organization established in 2002 with the mission to work throughout the world to combine scientific research with practical solutions for water management. FutureWater works on topics such as water for food, irrigation, water excess, water shortage, climate change, and river basin management.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Epsilon Innovation Group Inc. is a private sector organization established with the mission to help client make an informed decision in complex climate change, energy, environment, and technology and policy issues.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
OIKO LOGICA is a private sector organization established in 2003 with the mission to help communities and governments in vulnerable countries to prepare, face, integrate, comprehend, assimilate and absorb the challenge of climate change and sustainable development.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:AustriaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
GWCC INTERIVAL ZT GmbH (GWCC) is a consulting company based in Vienna (part of the Austrian Consulting Group ROHRHOFER & Partner). GWCC has a long experience (since 1984) in the fields of Infrastructure Development, Management, Institutional Strengthening in the field of Water, Waste Water and Waste Management in Austria, CEE,CIS, FUS countries. Climate related projects are mainly conducted in various regions of Austria,e.g.flood risk mapping & planning of flood mitigation measures.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht-Zentrum für Material-und Küstenforschung GmbH (HZG) is one of 18 members of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres Germany's largest science organization. One of HZG's scientific organizational entities is the Climate Service Center Germany (GERICS), a think tank for innovations in the field of climate services.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:Bosnia & HerzegovinaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Center for Energy, Environment and Resources (CENER21) is a non-governmental not for profit organization established in the year 2006 with the mission to contributing to sustainable development in South East Europe. CENER21 works directly with key stakeholders from international organizations, government, industry and local authorities deploying technical expertise in the areas of resource conservation, biodiversity, climate change mitigation and adaptation, energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:New ZealandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
CLIMsystems Ltd provides software tools, consultancy services and data/knowledge for the assessment, management and reduction of climatic risks, under both current climate variability and future change. The geographic scope of its operations is global. The sectoral applications of CLIMsystems’ products and services include asset risk management, engineering and architectural design, academic research and education, supply chain analysis, regional and national planning, water resource and waste-water management, agricultural development and disaster risk reduction.