Country in Central Europe. It is bordered to the north by the North Sea, Denmark, and the Baltic Sea; to the east by Poland and the Czech Republic; to the south by Austria and Switzerland; and to the west by France, Luxembourg, Belgium, and the Netherlands. The territory of Germany covers 357,021 square kilometers (137,847 sq mi) and is influenced by a temperate seasonal climate. With 81.8 million inhabitants in 2010, it has the largest population among member states of the European Union, and it is home to the third-largest number of international migrants worldwide.
- Type:EventDate:Friday, September 19, 2014 - Saturday, September 20, 2014 Europe/CopenhagenCountry:Samoa
- Type:EventDate:Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - Thursday, June 19, 2014 Europe/CopenhagenCountry:Austria
CTCN/NDE of Germany/NDE of France webinar: Potential for climate technology transfer through cooperation with Annex-I NDEsType:WebinarDate and time:Tuesday, October 2, 2018 - Tuesday, October 2, 2018 Europe/CopenhagenOrganiser:
For representatives of non-Annex-I countries, there are multiple opportunities to collaborate with Annex-I NDEs.
- Type:WebinarDate and time:Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - Wednesday, November 25, 2015 Europe/CopenhagenOrganiser:
UNEP-DHI Partnership presents Water Quality Webinar Series
- Type:WebinarDate and time:Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - Wednesday, May 13, 2015 Europe/CopenhagenOrganiser:
Join our CTCN Consortium Partner, the World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) for this webinar on agricultural technologies for adaptation to climate change.
- Type:WebinarDate and time:Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - Wednesday, May 20, 2015 Europe/CopenhagenOrganiser:
Join our CTCN Consortium Partner, the World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) for this webinar on forestry technologies for adaptation to and mitigation of climate change.
- Type:WebinarDate and time:Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - Wednesday, February 11, 2015 Europe/ParisOrganiser:
This webinar addresses the climate change and development challenges of urban transportation and how the transportation sector can contribute to mitigation objectives.
- Type:NewsPublication date:
On 15 March 2018, the UNFCCC Technology Executive Committee (TEC), Climate Technology Centre and Network(CTCN), and the Green Climate Fund (GCF) held a dialogue to explore how to catalyse support for developing country entrepreneurs to develop climate technologies.
“Climate technology brings us closer to the goal of the Paris Agreement”, said the UNFCCC Executive Secretary, Patricia Espinosa.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:
Alors qu’il ne reste plus qu’une année avant la date d’échéance de la réalisation des Objectifs du Millénaire pour le développement, l’Indice de la faim dans le monde 2014 (GHI) offre une analyse multidimensionnelle de la faim et présente de nouvelles données permettant d’alimenter le débat mondial sur la question de savoir où concentrer les efforts dans la lutte contre la faim et la malnutrition. Selon le GHI 2014, les niveaux de faim dans les pays en développement pris dans leur ensemble se sont améliorés depuis 1990, diminuant de 39%.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:
ON JUNE 8, 2013, THE GOVERNMENTS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM AND BRAZIL, AND THE CHILDREN’S INVESTMENT FUND FOUNDATION (CIFF) HOSTED A SUMMIT IN London titled “Nutrition for Growth: Beating Hunger through Business and Science” (known as N4G). The objective of the summit was to mark a “seminal declaration by leaders to scale up political commitment, increase resources, and take urgent action on nutrition” (United Kingdom 2013, 1).